By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Toys 'R ' Us Sunday Wii MADNESS

leo-j said:
I just came back from best buy your expecting me to believe you? But I guess you live in a more populated area than MIami florida.

Best Buy has nothing to do with this thread. I already warned you once about not reading the original post. I'm giving you a timeout.

Around the Network

Ok Im sorry, I wont do it again.

mM

I wonder if the situation at your TRU was a exception or more of a rule compared to other TRU stores?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

I just got a call from a friend who shopped at a TRU across town, exact same scenario there, he got RE:UC, RRRR2, & Mario Strikers , he wanted MOH:Heroes but his location was sold out. They were sold out of Galaxy at his location as well.

He had to wait in  line an hour to check out.

I asked if other systems or games were selling there, he did not pay attention.

His TRU was in Jacksonville, Florida, mine was in Orange Park, Fl.  

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

wow this is pretty amazing....thank God that I decided to get mine back in Feb....I knew this system wasn't going to stay in stock and I told everybody but nobody would listen...guess they can now see the evidence to prove they were wrong.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Around the Network

Leo-J, honestly if you really do have Wii's in your area. You should just buy them and sell them on ebay, cause plenty of places in the country still can't get them.

Interestingly, in the US it seems to be everywhere except within a 20 mile radius of a Sony Fanboy.

I should have bought a Wii while they had them, didn't even think about re-selling it. Well, I hate those resell gougers anyway, I'm glad a happy parent got it.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
WiiStation360 said:
Any NPD is no longer getting sales figures from Toys R' Us? Good luck estimating Wii software sales without those number.

Try explaining that to the huge segment of the Internet gamers population who thinks NPD is some kind of omniscient God.

Wojtas said:
I wonder if the situation at your TRU was a exception or more of a rule compared to other TRU stores?

Bodhesatva will be back with his own anedoctal evidence from his store later today. radioioRobert, You're not in NY like Bod by any chance right? ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

How long will this continue? I predict we'll see the same thing next year if Nintendo keeps the train running at full steam. This is just crazy... How many tickle me elmo's sold each year when they were ultra popular?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

radioioRobert said:
I should have bought a Wii while they had them, didn't even think about re-selling it. Well, I hate those resell gougers anyway, I'm glad a happy parent got it.

Yeah, so do I. 

Yet at the same time... if they really are as plentiful as Leo-J makes em out to be, I wouldn't see the problem.  Heck if there were a lot of Wii's available in my area i'd buy a couple and sell em on Ebay at cost... same with any item like that that's in a shortage.