By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Toys 'R ' Us Sunday Wii MADNESS

Kasz216 said:
jjseth said:
I was at a TRu this morning and didn't see a soul looking for a wii. In fact they had about 11 in the electronics dept.

See what I mean?  Only around the PS3 fanboys.  It's strange.  I mean if Leo-J didn't say he lived in miami i'd think they all lived on the iberian peninsula.

Seriosusly though... if that's the case... Nintendo needs to get it's distributors in order, there is something wrong if you can get 11 wiis in one store and in another people are lining up before open to buy wiis.

I'm telling you, they have some very good stuff that they are smoking right now and I want some of it.  It has to be very very good stuff to have a disillusion of seing those PS3 become Wii.

As with the topic, all Wii sold out immediately on the day of arrival around New York City.  Last I heard from friends they still see lines forming around nintendo store every sunday or saturday when their shipment arrive.  I was lucky my brother had a friend working in game store in the SeaPort Mall and reserved one for me.

Around the Network

I wonder how much will Wii sales be up this week. it was just beneath 200k the week before Mario, so how much could possibly sell now? Furthermore i'm wondering just how Europe will fare...

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Kasz216 said:

Leo-J, honestly if you really do have Wii's in your area. You should just buy them and sell them on ebay, cause plenty of places in the country still can't get them.

Interestingly, in the US it seems to be everywhere except within a 20 mile radius of a Sony Fanboy.

Quote of the week.

Wojtas said:
I wonder how much will Wii sales be up this week. it was just beneath 200k the week before Mario, so how much could possibly sell now? Furthermore i'm wondering just how Europe will fare...

Probably not as much as people expect.  I mean even if they do sell waaay more, it's going to be complicated for Ioi (Heck even NPD) to estimate exactly how much Wii sales have gone up without a shipped figure.  I mean you don't know if the extra amount released is evenly distributed among stores, or if Ioi is sampling from smaller stores less likely to get a bigger boost, or from the large stores that have giant boosts (like Toys R Us did.) etc...

Christmas is the biggest time of year for sales, it's also the biggest chance for error.  I'd expect both Vgchartz and Ioi to be off one way or another on the Wii do to this.  Same with the other systems as well, though to a lesser degree.

to bad npd wont track toys r us,eh who cares i never used to really check there i likr vgcharts more

Around the Network

Wow, just wow. Props to Nintendo, props to Nintendo...

*pets his NTDOY stock*

I went to TRU today with the express idea of getting Mario Galaxy GH3 and MOHH2. When I got there they were sold out of Galaxy. The reason?

They had a shipment of 87 Wii's this morning, opened at 9am and had every single one sold by 9:30. They clerk said every person bought Mario until they ran out of stock. This was around noon.

I still made out like a bandit though, instead of Galaxy I bought another GH3 for my sisters and got a third one free. Then I bough MoHH2, BWii, and UC.

Recap: 3 GH3, MoHH2, BWii, UC all for 285.00. (I also got 2 gift cards for $10 using coupons from the paper) so 265.00 total.

Wii is on a killing spree this holiday season!... Hard to track numbers this way!....

God, i wanna see hard- and software sales for the next upcoming weeks! It's gonna be madness!

----------------------------

News from Europe: Mario Galaxy sold out in every store in my area... (That's a city of 150k inhabitants)

THE NETHERLANDS

WiiStation360 said:
Anyone have try price matching at Best buy for the buy 2 get one free sale? They were price matching the $25 gift certificate with Mario last week.

Well the TRU that I went to was sold out of many games.  I took the add and went to best buy.  They told me that they would not match the add because it was a "promotion" and not a price.  They said that last weeks $25 gift card for Mario was a first ever match of a "promotion" and that I should not expect the same for this.  So...

I went to Circuit City.  And... they said "sure we can do that!".  So I got the same deal at Circuit City and I am happy. 

I forgot to mention that the area I live in is Parkersburg West Virginia. Never heard of it, thought so. Extremely rual area with a population of around and 100,000 that's if you include Marietta Ohio which is accross the river.

They were sold out of:
Mario Galaxy
Mario Party 8
My Sims
RE:UC ( I bought the last copy)
Manhunt 2 (not sure if they sell this but it wasn't there)
and Super Paper Mario
(by the time I left the store the second time they were also sold out of GH3)

This is insane, especially for a rual are like mine.