By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii is good for Kids and drunken people? PS3 FAN! I'm seriously confused

yes, buy it. The Wii is a really different console and for some reason this time being different is apealing, and lots of fun xD. Also... In my opinion the best console combo is PS3 and a Wii (best exclusives, best games).

Around the Network

Try playing Mario Kart Wii....drunk....with the Wii wheel. Great times.

Anyways, it's great to invest in a Wii and just a few of the first party multi player games. It never disappoints when you take it out when you're hosting a gathering. Just buy everything used if you don't want to make the full investment.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

That has to be the most "constipated" attempt to give something a compliment haha. I guess I mean a backhanded compliment, but I guess I'll take the good over the bad. I'm glad you enjoyed your drunk playing.

I remember that feeling. I was a PC purist that would scoff at anything on a console as "baby shit for retards." Give me Half-Life, give me StarCraft! Give me real games with lots of depth and insanely complex controls! Best computer every year, 180 wrist-flick headshots.

Then I sat down and played Mario Kart: Double Dash with 4 friends years ago and realized that it was the first time in a very, very long time I was having real, honest, genuine fun.

Fun, as in nothing else matters but the smile on your face and the smiles on the faces around you. Where you play 2-3 extra hours not because of some story, but because you kinda forgot time existed.

And as soon as you also figure out that video games are, above all else, about that feeling then you'll grow up a little bit more and giggle at the children that talk about "mature" and "hardcore" gaming.

If the women around you are anything like the ones around me, get Mario Party, Mario Kart Wii, 4 wii wheels, and watch in fascination as "that fucking stupid video game machine thing" becomes something your girlfriend/wife genuinely wants to do.

Double bonus because the Wii is designed for people to play multiplayer together in the same room. Get a Wii, 4 controllers, Mario Party, Mario Kart, and 4 wheels ...then ask those "pure sexy girls" to come over and play. Make a party out of it. Take it really slow; my wife has been playing Mario Kart Wii for about a 18 months now and still worries about Rainbow Road.

Hate to break it to you, dude, but you've been lied to. Nintendo is not the boogeyman the PS360 marketing departments want you to believe they are. They aren't here to kill Call of Duty. What is Nintendo? Go look at the all time game sales records. That's what Nintendo is--the best publisher in the world by a HUGE margin.

So no, you weren't just drunk, Nintendo really is that awesome and fun.

Now go out there, stomp some turtles, and get your 4 player LOCAL (i.e. you and 3 sexy women on a couch) multiplayer on.

Get those "pure sexy girls" on that wii fit board :) NSMB 4 player is such good clean fun, enjoy

Around the Network

Drunken Mario Party / NSMBWii is fantastic though I enjoy both those games regardless of how intoxicated I am. And I agree that DDR is one of the best games to play while drunk.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Cougarman said:
OMG!!! the Wii is A virus

It's spreading like a disease!

The Wii is all about fun, whether you are drunk or not (ok I'll admit it, I've never played the Wii drunk, but that's simply because I have hardly been drinking for quite a number of years now...). You had extreme reservations about the Wii, and being drunk probably simply helped you overcome/ignore these reservations and allowed you to realize it for what it really is. I think you will be able to enjoy the Wii now and have fun even when not drunk. And I think you'd be quite surprised how much fun there is in playing supposedly "casual" games you've never even considered such as Wii Sports Resort, it's mostly just a matter of letting go of your pre-conceptions.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

As somebody else pointed before, the XBox 360 and the PS3 aren't much different from PC gaming. Except for the fact the PC is far more powerful and Sony internal studios produce better HD products than most studios. However, the Wii is a completely different beast. You can do really different things from it and there are several titles for offline multiplayer action. Besides, Nintendo is unmatched as a game developer, so you have plenty of great titles available.

lol why is it always drunkies that post the "A thread to PS3 fans" threads ?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.