By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Galaxy Playthrough Time

The first few stars really take long time to get.... and later stars will be faster...

I am now with 65 stars and have spent around 12 - 14 hours already...
But the difficulty jumps very quickly in the later stages... I am afraid I will get frustrated soon....

But one point I habe to add is that the final boss stage is a bit too easy... when being compared with Mario 64...

Around the Network

No idea how long its taken me for 40 stars so far, im having fun just running around a planet and seeing if i can circle it completely, did it on a couple, its just great fun to run and jump off the edge of a planet or platform and come swinging straight back to the other side.

Games i'm currently playing:

I've around 10 hours and 65 stars. But haven't finished it yet ^^ Don't want it to "end".

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

Soriku said:
I have 4 hours, got 7 stars.

WTF are you doing? Walking around the entire planet 500 times?

mM

29 stars in 6:42 hours. If you want to see how many hours you have put into the game, go to your messages and check.

Around the Network

I've got 56 stars and I'm at 17 hours...geez, I'm playing this game slow, aren't I?

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

RolStoppable said:
leo-j said:
Soriku said:
I have 4 hours, got 7 stars.

WTF are you doing? Walking around the entire planet 500 times?

He is looking for the "create a new thread" option in the game. 

Rofl

Games i'm currently playing:

RolStoppable said:
SeriousWB said:
I don't get why people beat bowser with 60 stars, with full knowledge that they'll play for the rest right afterwards.

I did it because I thought Galaxy would be similar to Sunshine, you have to beat the final boss to get access to the last stars hidden in the game, so it really doesn't matter that much if you have 60 or 90 stars when you beat Bowser. In Sunshine's case you couldn't get back to the airport before you've beaten the game which forced you to finish the game with at most 117 shine sprites.

At the moment I am trying to figure out the maximum of stars you can collect before facing Bowser. Right now it seems that it won't be anywhere near 120 stars.

60 Edit: (Whoops read it wrong) I have no clue then...

This game is just so awesome though... It's been filling my dreams up ever since I grabbed it on Tuesday. It's true, the game is all smiles, I haven't had this much fun with a platformer in years. The last one I went crazy for was the first Jak and Daxter game. Which IMO is still the best in the series. Why'd they have to ruin a perfect game with guns?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Heheheh..don't worry, supermario128,I won't take your avatar...

Oh and this seems like a pretty long game...That's GREAT

What does a background picture do??? LOL please don't laugh at me....