By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Pachter:PSN Problems "Pales In Comparison To RROD" Could Take Up To A Week To Solve

Since Sunday, Sony has been amidst its biggest PlayStation crisis to date. PS3s worldwide abruptly stopped working, with an error code, 800 1050 F appearing on screen when certain games are inserted into the console, rendering it inactive.

The problem is indeed a big one but according to Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst, Michael Pachter, Sony’s woes are nothing compared to the Xbox 360’s Red Red Of Death which Microsoft seemed to have weathered.

Pachter also said it could take up to a week to completed solve the issues plaguing the PlayStation Network.

“If they fix it within a week, nobody’s going to really care,” Pachter told CNBC. “The people that are affected are going to be pissed and Sony will send them a code for [a free game] and an apology and that’ll be it. … If it drags on past Friday, though, I think they’ll have a problem. And if it’s a hardware issue, then it’s a serious problem. … This pales in comparison to the red ring issue the 360 had, though, and Microsoft seems to have weathered that fine.”

Interesting, Sony said the problems should be fixed soon, it was believed that by this past morning, the issues should have been in the history, now rumors claim it’ll be over in the next few hours. But will gamers be able to hold out for a week? Probably, but I think Pachter is right this time, more than a week would spell only trouble for Sony.

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2010/03/01/psn-problems-pales-in-comparison-to-rrod-says-pachter-could-take-up-to-a-week-to-solve/

Around the Network

At first I was like "WTF, A WEEK, I THOUGHT THEY JUST TOLD US 24 HOURS!!!!11". Then I realised it was Pachter and didn't give a shit.

I don't want this to last a week...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Christhor said:
At first I was like "WTF, A WEEK, I THOUGHT THEY JUST TOLD US 24 HOURS!!!!11". Then I realised it was Pachter and didn't give a shit.

lol

Euphoria14 said:
I don't want this to last a week...

This is PATCHER michael Patcher.

Around the Network

If this gets us a free game, it is well worth it.

if it's more than 24 hours,they'll have a problem because of bad press,

free game,i hope so

Above & Beyond

Well no shit pachter. So hes saying if they fix it its not as bad but if they dont its worse, no fucking shit.

If they dont get a fix out quick, imo its worse than RROD. It will be distinct flaw by the manufacturer, the RROD was case by case, this is widespread finite problem that if itsnt fixed to me is worse.

hopefully they give me god of war 3 for free =] (in my dreams)

If they can get it fixed with an update then i would say this problem is very small compared to RROD.