By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

Around the Network
steven787 said:
Wagram said:
They aren't losing saved games. and their trophies are fine as long as they sync to the server.

So mine are not.

I don't really care, but I would be really upset if trophies were important to me.

Same here. I didn't check my trophies when I was on last night. I better get some serious compensation if they are lost.

NJ5 said:
zuvuyeay said:
this countdown is like the millenium y2k one,

what's the betting nothing will happen this time too,

This time nothing would be bad.

And probably amusing too.

So it's quite different.

yeah i know,that's what i mean,

nothing won't be good news

nice picture by the way,up above,lol

Above & Beyond

So....I wanted to test this whole bug thing, so I went to my friend's room upstairs and turned on his PS3 (he has an original 60GB model). I saw that it said "12/31" as the date, so I got scared that I would screw his PS3 by corrupting his data, so I turned it off. Then, I said to myself "I have a theory", I unplugged his ethernet, turned his PS3 back on....and the date was actually set back to 2/28. Not 3/1, but definitely not 12/31.

I went to date and time settings, and it said "2/28/2010", so it set itself back to 2010. I tried to see if 2/29/2010 even existed, and it didn't. So I changed it to 3/1/2010 (oh yea, I set the time manually, not via internet), and turned it off. Then turned it back on, and the date stayed at 3/1.

I fixed the widespread problem? lol

IllegalPaladin said:
zuvuyeay said:

Don't underestimate the CELL!

You remember the Air Force's purchase of PS3's? This is just the beginning! :P

Speaking of that, I wonder how their PS3's are doing. They did buy the fat PS3's and all.

that's right,

whatever they were using them for,they are not using them right now

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Christopher_G2 said:
steven787 said:
Wagram said:
They aren't losing saved games. and their trophies are fine as long as they sync to the server.

So mine are not.

I don't really care, but I would be really upset if trophies were important to me.

Same here. I didn't check my trophies when I was on last night. I better get some serious compensation if they are lost.

I got the error message and re-set clock on my fat PS3 just like everyone else but all my trophies were still there, even the ones which I hadn't synced yet so there is some hope they won't be gone!

BMaker11 said:
So....I wanted to test this whole bug thing, so I went to my friend's room upstairs and turned on his PS3 (he has an original 60GB model). I saw that it said "12/31" as the date, so I got scared that I would screw his PS3 by corrupting his data, so I turned it off. Then, I said to myself "I have a theory", I unplugged his ethernet, turned his PS3 back on....and the date was actually set back to 2/28. Not 2/1, but definitely not 12/31.

I went to date and time settings, and it said "2/28/2010", so it set itself back to 2010. I tried to see if 2/29/2010 even existed, and it didn't. So I changed it to 3/1/2010 (oh yea, I set the time manually, not via internet), and turned it off. Then turned it back on, and the date stayed at 3/1.

I fixed the widespread problem? lol

every1 can do that. do all the games work?.....

zuvuyeay said:
IllegalPaladin said:
zuvuyeay said:

Don't underestimate the CELL!

You remember the Air Force's purchase of PS3's? This is just the beginning! :P

Speaking of that, I wonder how their PS3's are doing. They did buy the fat PS3's and all.

that's right,

whatever they were using them for,they are not using them right now

To find Bin Laden. He must be praising whatever god he worships right now.

Did the same thing to mine, and the date stays the same but the time doesn`t update when the ps3 is turned off. Any game to do with online doesn`t work however.

PSN - Chefsean2006

AussieGecko said:
binary solo said:
AussieGecko said:
binary solo said:
If it resets to 12/31/1999 does that mean it won't effect us who have our date formats as DD/MM/YYYY? I haven't had my Phat on since yesterday so wondering whether to switch mine on today or wait a while and see what the solution is.

Negative. It has already reached Aus, in fact we were on one of the first ones hit, thanks to the time line. Hence Kotaku is where i first learned of it. Kinda happy my ps3 isnt on :)

Oh well then, we woulda been the first first to get it since we are even closer to the date line. I just hope if I leave off turning on the PS3 for another day all will be fine and the PS3 won't through a hissy when it figures out it's 2/3/2010 (only 2 hrs away). Dang and I was planning to finally start playing Uncharted 2 tonight. Oh well, what's one more day?

2 hours away? im in victoria and it is 8:13... are you in NZ?

Indeed.

Anyway, I thought - to hell with it. I turned my PS3 on, logged in to PSN synched trophies and all seems to have gone OK. The I played a bit of Darksiders demo because it was too late to get into Uncharted 2. Cools demo, don't know whether it's convinced me to buy the full game though, at least I'm not convinced I need to bump it up the priority list.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix