By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

I also feel bad for all the PS3 users who don't have online and got this bug. Their going to have to buy a new PS3.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Notorius.A.i.G said:
How can we get a patch if the " Internal Clock " blocks you from signing in PSN ?

firmware updates don't require you to be signed in?

three possible solutions:

1. Systems fix themselves at 00:00 GMT today.
2. Sony removes clock based DRM for a short amount of time, somehow
3. Free thumb drives sent out to all gamestops, sony stores etc etc that have update.

I'm sad that I can't continue games I've been playing but happy that this isn't just my ps3 dying for a third time. I was about to say Bioshock kills ps3s well time for Zack and Wiki

if i have to buy a new ps3 for this sony is gunna be in trouble.

however if i get to trade in my ps3 for a slim because of this, i will be ecstatic haha

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/st/r/Strofan7/card.png%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D">

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
How can we get a patch if the " Internal Clock " blocks you from signing in PSN ?

firmware updates don't require you to be signed in?

So we can just update if our PS3 is connected to the internet ?

Notorius.A.i.G said:

You don't have to be signed into the PSN to get a firmware update.  If this were the case, how would people with no PSN account update their firmware?  Try it yourself - go to System Update on your XMB and do it via Internet.  It'll connect just fine and tell you that you already have the latest.

d21lewis said:
chapset said:
This is way wrost then rrod

Unless it takes Sony 2.5 weeks to repair, costs Sony a billion dollars, and occurs repeatedly, I'm going to go on record and say no.  No it isn't.

Well it sort of does if you consider this scenario. Joes a burgler, Steves not a burgler and Tims not a burgler. In this case being a burgler involves a lot of social stigma from the other two. However if Steve becomes a burgler then Joe isn't as much a social pariah as before except to Jim who is an honest to goodness bloke who wears no pants.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

postwick said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

You don't have to be signed into the PSN to get a firmware update.  If this were the case, how would people with no PSN account update their firmware?  Try it yourself - go to System Update on your XMB and do it via Internet.  It'll connect just fine and tell you that you already have the latest.

Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't too sure lol.

postwick said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

The only problem is if someone actually doesn't have internet.