By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

Dogswithguns said:
dsister44 said:
My Ps3 is working perfectly fine ^^

So if we just wait then it should fix itself?

Is yours a Slim one?

No.

Around the Network

Ok my brother just turned on his fat ps3
His date is 12-31-1999
Cannot change it and he cannot sign in. He cannot play certain psn games:
Burnout Paradise:No
Cuboid:No
Wolfenstein 3D:No
Pixeljunk Monsters:Yes
flOw:Yes

Wagram said:
Y2..K?

Y2J!

Break the walls DOWN!!

haha love that shxt

So far I've only seen the date change and Heavy Rain trophies dissapear... hope to get them back :(

Latest from Sony:

We are narrowing down the issue and continue to work to restore service to all. Updates as soon as we get them.

Around the Network

I'm scared guys.

Glad I have Slim :P

Icyedge said:
A Bad Clown said:

Mine was on during this problem and it worked fine. I guess whoever was logged in before this happened was spared. We don't know if slims are getting it yet.

Makingmusic, this information should be add. I think as long as someone with a PS3 fat will stay connected on PSN he will not run into those problem. My fat 60 GB PS3 was running fine all day, I then took a break and came read here a bit. After readin the first few post about this, I was curious and decided to log off PSN to see was that all about (this is before we knew about the gravity of the situation), and well after loggin off PSN I wasnt able to start my games anymore. Maybe when your connected, the PS3 sync the date with PSN. What I know is that it was working fine just before I volunteerily logged off PSN. Everyone with a fat PS3 connected on PSN since this morning or afternoon should stay connected the longer he can, until we have more info.

Yeah, that's waht I've been reading on gaf as well. I'll add it to the OP.

Jboy0990 said:
Ok my brother just turned on his fat ps3
His date is 12-31-1999
Cannot change it and he cannot sign in. He cannot play certain psn games:
Burnout Paradise:No
Cuboid:No
Wolfenstein 3D:No
Pixeljunk Monsters:Yes
flOw:Yes

Interesting, its the oldest games that works.

For fuck's sake. My 360 STILL hasn't come back from repairs. My PS3 was pretty much ignored all month until I got Heavy Rain. Now, I'm into the game and this bullshit happens? And I took the night off from work, too!! All I have left now is my Wii. With my luck, it's probably going to give me cancer.