By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

So far my PS3 has had absolutely nothing wrong with it. Other than my inFamous trophies disappearing. But I just shut it off until the patch comes in.

Around the Network

I can't log in and I can't change the date T___T

^_^

February 28, 2010 - SCEA is looking into widespread reports tonight of PlayStation Network login errors causing many left unable to play games, and even lose trophies, on certain PlayStation 3 consoles.

"We're aware that many of you are having problems connecting to PSN, and yes, we're looking into it," the company said in a statement. "Stay tuned for updates."

Forum members and e-mail tipsters are saying this problem is primarily affecting owners of the older model of the PlayStation 3, and is even causing users to lose trophies previously earned. Many titles, such as Heavy Rain, are also now unplayable due to connection issues with Sony's servers.

One theory points to an issue with the console's internal calendar, which is reportedly resetting pre-slim models to 12/31/1999.

It's unclear at the moment how widespread this issue is.

IGN has contacted SCEA for an update on what's causing these errors. We'll keep you updated.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1072875p1.html

might as well put this up there

Is it possible to watch Blu-Ray? I wanna watch Lost!

also lock my thread if you wish
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=102562&page=1&str=1646643752#15

Around the Network

Thanks for the heads up....after both of my PS3s got fucked.... :(

PS3 Trophies

Boutros said:
Is it possible to watch Blu-Ray? I wanna watch Lost!

Most likely since i was able to surf the web while it was screwed up.

My Ps3 is working perfectly fine ^^

So if we just wait then it should fix itself?

Sony is really dropping the ball on this, I can't believe they haven't updated their twitter in 3 hours+

Something, anything, let us know you even still are working on it :P

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Would you rather they fix it? or waste time with updates.