By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

HexenLord said:
SolidShane said:
HexenLord said:
Porcupine_I said:
what happens if you try to set the right date again?

I would say at least ONE of the ~25 million Ps3 fat users has tried that already.. and if it worked we'd know about it.

Wow..now that I think of it, wouldn't it be horrible if Sony had to replace these systems. I'm pretty sure there's some kind of fail safe for this....well let's just say I hope there's a cheaper solution.

I get aggravated everytime I see someone say that theres going to be a recall...

I am a highly overpaid PC Tech and I can tell you that there won't be a recall or a need to send in your PS3. This is a BIOS issue, and can be fixed via firmware update.

STOP SPREADING RUMORS OF A MASSIVE RECALL/REPLACEMENT.

Whoa, excuse me highly overpaid PC Tech. I only said, "Wouldn't it be horrible if Sony had to replace these systems?" I never said anything like, "Sony said on their Twitter that you'll have to send those Fat daddies in. We'll fix 'em right up." By cheaper solution, I did mean a firmware update as well. As a said earlier, my 60gb PS3 works great and I have the first model. It may also be because I fixed it and unplugged the battery inside.

If you read this, slap yourself.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
SpartanFX said:
Porcupine_I said:

it's the internal clock that's messed up and needs to be set again (inside the hardware).

people on PS fourm are claiming that reseting the hardware clock will fix this.They have even posted a tutorial video.

Wouldn't that void the warranty, and maybe even a potential warranty extension if Sony gives one?

Opening up the PS3 instead of waiting for the date to fix itself (or for Sony to issue an update) is just asking for trouble IMO. Better be patient, it's not like you'll die for not playing for a day.

, umm yea it most likely does. because the HD DRIVE PORT is allowed without voiding the warranty, does not mean you can open up the whole system.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Its the fact that others will take what you said out of context and continue swarming the site fearing a recall and missing trophies.. neither of which will happen.

DraconianAC said:
dolemit3 said:
DraconianAC said:
I wonder if Sony will have the balls to charge a fee for only PSN service if they screw up majorly on this issue and they have many unhappy customers.

It's not a PSN issue though.

I get what you mean, but since the PS3 started picking up momentum I started to hear that they were considering for a version of online play. If this knocks their image down a bit with their consumer base, they may think twice about adding extra fees or such. Ofcourse, this is a senerio I've come to think about that depends on Sony's customers rising and starting to protest about how displeased they are, or if they can't fix the problem. Any thoughts?

Sony already CLEARLY stated everything what is free now REMAINS free in the future. If they add a premium service you will be able to do things, you cant do yet. And they will charge for that. 

Just a thought on those people who don't have their PS3s connected to the internet. From what I've read in this topic it seems that only games with trophies are proving difficult to play and so if a PS3 hasn't been connected to the internet then those people wouldn't have got the firmware update to enable trophies on their system and so may not have a problem. Obviously some of the newer builds will have had that update built in but most of the issues seem to be with the older machines and so perhaps the problem with non-internet PS3s isn't as bad as first thought?

I could be way off, just a thought from what I've read so far.

Around the Network
SolidShane said:
HexenLord said:
SolidShane said:
HexenLord said:
Porcupine_I said:

I would say at least ONE of the ~25 million Ps3 fat users has tried that already.. and if it worked we'd know about it.

Wow..now that I think of it, wouldn't it be horrible if Sony had to replace these systems. I'm pretty sure there's some kind of fail safe for this....well let's just say I hope there's a cheaper solution.

I get aggravated everytime I see someone say that theres going to be a recall...

I am a highly overpaid PC Tech and I can tell you that there won't be a recall or a need to send in your PS3. This is a BIOS issue, and can be fixed via firmware update.

Whoa, excuse me highly overpaid PC Tech. I only said, "Wouldn't it be horrible if Sony had to replace these systems?" I never said anything like, "Sony said on their Twitter that you'll have to send those Fat daddies in. We'll fix 'em right up." By cheaper solution, I did mean a firmware update as well. As a said earlier, my 60gb PS3 works great and I have the first model. It may also be because I fixed it and unplugged the battery inside.

I do not think he read what happened to your unit or what you did to it..

but I think the reset of the PS3's Bios by disconnecting the PS3's motherboard  battery is

A solution. a warranty voiding Solution that is..though I can see how you pretty much did not have a choice , if you did not want it to be sent back in, and you felt you could do the repair yourself..congrat's by the way on the repair.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

HexenLord said:
Its the fact that others will take what you said out of context and continue swarming the site fearing a recall and missing trophies.. neither of which will happen.

Lookit, if someone takes what I said out of context, then they're just incompetent. What I said wasn't even close to spreading a rumor about a recall on the PS3's, only to say how horrible it WOULD BE for Sony if it WERE to happen.

PS3 Trophies

joeorc said:
SolidShane said:
HexenLord said:
SolidShane said:
HexenLord said:
Porcupine_I said:

I do not think he read what happened to your unit or what you did to it..

but I think the reset of the PS3's Bios by disconnecting the PS3's motherboard  battery is

A solution. a warranty voiding Solution that is..though I can see how you pretty much did not have a choice , if you did not want it to be sent back in, and you felt you could do the repair yourself..congrat's by the way on the repair.

Thanks. Yeah it took me about 3 hours because I have the biggest fingers and I didn't want to miss anything when fixing it. I actually work at a Gamestop and so I knew trade-in would be low on it and so I called Sony. Sony tells me that they'll fix it for about $178 after shipping. I was pissed because I was an early adopter of the system when it was $600. I didn't wanna spend anymore money on it than I had to. So, I bought a heat gun, which I returned afterwards, and some arctic silver thermal compound and fixed it for about $10. Like you said, I had no warranty, so I figured I'd give it a try. The worse part of the whole process was putting it back together and hitting the button....I prayed it wouldn't turn yellow...lol

PS3 Trophies

Ah great my PS3 is not affected CHECHL and CHECHP series are working. Now I can finally turn it off.

Mine is still not working. That is lame :(