By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - DO NOT TURN ON YOUR FAT PS3 - date bug is majorly screwing up systems

makingmusic476 said:
According to numerous recent posts on gaf, CECHL model ps3s 80gb ps3s seem to be working just fine.

CeCHL 80GB models? Are those backwards compatible or not?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
According to numerous recent posts on gaf, CECHL model ps3s 80gb ps3s seem to be working just fine.

it may have something to do with the Bios of the Board , which I am almost certain it is.

it's not that farout because the Mobo's were built by FOXCONN so there is many thing's that may have been out of Sony's hand when the Mobo was made.

but I would say it's most likely a bios update which can take a little bit of time or some time we do not know yet.

it's a wait , that's all you can do right now.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

60GB Here,
Date is 01 01 :(
Afraid to login to play anything or login. I turned it off just checked the date fast. So are we just suppose to sit and wait?

Nothing can happen unless we actually play games / login to the PSN / mess with trophies / saves amirite?

huaxiong90 said:
makingmusic476 said:

CeCHL 80GB models? Are those backwards compatible or not?

I don't believe they are.  From what I can tell, CECHL is one of the later revisions of 80gb ps3, with a 65nm Cell/RSX.

Does anyone know if 40GB models are affected? So not the oldest (60GB) but pretty old. Also, in the UK, if that makes any difference.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com

Around the Network

@aldro: Just avoid playing games with trophies. Any other games should be completely unaffected.

@wiped: I'm pretty sure they are. I think all fat ps3s save the very latest 80gbs (and possibly/probably 160gbs) are affected by this.

Looks like Rock band 2 should work, so I am going home and will play it.

I do not care about trophies for it since, I have not got any difficault trophies here yet.

Play my LittleBigLove level: search keywords "LittleBigLove realil"

LJ (Russian): http://realill.livejournal.com

Everyone needs to chill. The only thing you could possibly lose out of this ordeal is game saves. So far I haven't seen a single person complain they've lost a game-save.

Game data and trophy information are ALL stored online and can be redownloaded/resynced after this whole ordeal has been fixed. It doesn't matter if its not showing your current trophies offline, they are still stored on the PSN servers and will all show up once you're able to connect again.

Have you guys not upgraded your PS3 hard-drives yet? This is basically the exact same thing that happens, you just have to reconnect to the PSN to get it all sorted out. Unfortunately thats the one thing we can't do right now. When you upgrade your HD you lose all of your trophy info. You have to resync before you can view it offline. If you cancel the sync in the middle of the process, it only shows a portion of your trophies. The file saved on your PS3 is in no way the master or dominant list, its simply there for your offline viewing pleasure. YOU WILL NOT LOSE YOUR TROPHIES, SHUT UP.

Wait for Sony to release a fix. Your system is not broken, its not bricked, its not going to lose everything saved on it.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=102573&page=1#

Aldro said:
60GB Here,
Date is 01 01 :(
Afraid to login to play anything or login. I turned it off just checked the date fast. So are we just suppose to sit and wait?

Nothing can happen unless we actually play games / login to the PSN / mess with trophies / saves amirite?

no, this Has many thing's that are unknown at this point the Bug even though it effect's PS3's you can still go online and you can still use the Web browser of the PS3, so in all likely hood this has more to do with the Bios of the PS3's mother board than anything else because of the way the time ,date, is kept  on the Machine itself. not the visual clock, but the actual clock of the PS3's internal clock. which is in it's motherboard's chip. that chip can be flashed, but the software has to be made to update it, now this most likely will not take long , sometime's it may depending on the company, but since Sony is very aware of the problem than they are not taking this very light, they are most likely working to fix this issue as quickly as they can.

it's some game's that you have would be effected because of how they are coded.

example:

some PC shareware can sometime's be fooled past it's trial month by just changing the date of when you installed it. change the date to 2021 when it was 2001 and you get a demo that last's you for quite some time.

now this may not work on many Shareware now, anymore because it was a very  common shareware exploit Quite a few year's ago on shareware.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Best case: the problem fixes itself 24 hours after it started.

In-between case: a firmware update can fix the problem (not so great for people with no Internet).

Worst case: Sony has to recall a lot of PS3s, spending millions/billions of dollars and pissing off a lot of people.

Can any of these be excluded yet?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957