By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Wagram said:
You forgot who your dealing with. This is SONY. Will most likely be a fix within an hour or two.

The thing is, the PS3 is not even trying to connect to PSN. As soon as you try, you get the error message. So im not sure theyll be able to fix that easily through download.  I think that we may have to install a new firmware through a memory stick or game disc.

Around the Network
Icyedge said:
gurglesletch said:
Icyedge said:
gurglesletch said:
Icyedge said:
gurglesletch said:
I have error 8001050F which says i can't connect to PSN. Can anyone help me? I am wondering if it is because of the server issue that is mentioned throughout the thread.

Is your PSN titles still working? If not its too late to disconnect your eternet cable. Between, your on a phat PS3 right?

I have no idea but MW2 won't play SP. I am using wireless but i understand what your saying. And yes i have a 40GB phat.

Damn, this is the biggest electronic bug ive ever seen. Sony is in BIG problem lol. Imagine, you cant even play some of your own physical game even offline. I mean, I just purchase a game last week, and I cant play it lol. I find that a bit funny because I have the mean to purchase another PS3 if needed, but im not sure that a judge will find that funny when there will be consumer asking for money because they cant play their own game even offline. Its very bad indeed, its going to be on the news for sure.

I googled my error code and several places said it was a system failure but it works fine as far as i know. I could also buy another one but it would be pointless since it would probably be affected by the same problem. I wish i could play my games offline, it is just really boring sitting around with nothing else to do since i spend 4+ hours on MW2 everyday. Hopefully they will get this bug solved quick and i am even more glad i didn't buy Heavy Rain when it came out because i would probably be ripping my hair out right now in frustration.

Its only the fat PS3, so purchasing another would fix the problem. But I guess that a format an inputing a date after today would also fix the problem.

Some of the other threads here say slims are affected so I'm not sure what to believe. I wish sony actually was talking to us.

I know, they will release the patch on the final fantasy 13 disc and god of war 3 lololol.

The going theory is that the PS3 is storing some form of date in GMT, then modifying that to get whatever you see in the on-screen clock. That modification process seems to be fine--the system can take 2/28/2010, 9PM GMT, add four hours, and get 3/1/2010, 1AM random time zone.

What's apparently effed, as speculation goes, is when the internal GMT-tracking rolls over to 3/1. It's either not rolling, or rolling to 2/29, at which point a system tries to add/subtract from 2/29, which it can't do because the front-end calendar doesn't have a 2/29/2010, and shit explodes. Seemed to happen around 4PM PDT, which I think is 12AM GMT, so.

And the PS3 launched in 2006; it's hit 4 2/28s so far. 2007 and 2009 were odd-numbered years; 2008 was an even, and a leap year. 2010 is the first even non-leap-year the system's been around for. If some sort of base-level math is choking on itself, it may have ruled out the odd 2007 and 2009 successfully, but is convinced the even 2010 is a leap year (this part I'm less sure of, but is why leap year could theoretically come into play at some point.)

http://kotaku.com/comment/19939245/

here is some info that could have happened that messed up the older PS3's

The psn is probably down. I doubt a firmware would be released. it just looks like they need to fix the online part first then release a firmware to fix the trophy and game errors
People are already puttin stuff on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6OJohpxlfA

Around the Network
gurglesletch said:
Icyedge said:

Its only the fat PS3, so purchasing another would fix the problem. But I guess that a format an inputing a date after today would also fix the problem.

Some of the other threads here say slims are affected so I'm not sure what to believe. I wish sony actually was talking to us.

I agree, its such a major problem that they should talk to us. I mean everyone, including the media, will know this in no time.

Sorry to hear that, affected People.

I hope for Sony that it's limited.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

This is what Dgc just said in AIM
"This is not an issue pertaining to PSN. According to 1UP and a few other sites, it's an issue that's also affecting systems that have NEVER been hooked up to the internet. It seems to be a firmware bug that involves resetting the date on your system. It's also only affecting fat ps3s (but not all fat ps3s!)."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20034784&posted=1#post20034784

Move all discussion on this here please:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=102563&page=1

Icyedge said:
gurglesletch said:
Icyedge said:

I agree, its such a major problem that they should talk to us. I mean everyone, including the media, will know this in no time.

I guess it must not be too released since their stocks in extended hours are still up in the green. I bet though tommorow they will take a beating in the stock market and from the media.