By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Killzone 2 Has 72% More Head Polygon Count than Halo: Reach

d21lewis said:
Say what you will but more head is always better than less head. That's a fact.

I second this

And also people should stop posting bullshots of games in their comparaison, we all know halo reach won't look nearly as good as those pics, but the game will still be supa crazy awesome

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
leo-j said:
It matters because selnor keeps saying halo reach is the most technicle game ever released by mankind.

I doubt it.

First of all if you knew anything about rendering computer graphics you would know that the lower the polygon count the better as far as a game running is concerned. When you render an object you try to lower the polygon count so the processor can handle what object it is rendering. This is why textures exist. To cover these flaws in the polygon. The goal is not to create a worse looking render but to create a render that looks as nice with a lower polygon count.
Second of all the Reach beta hasn't even released yet so lets keep the graphics arguments to the side until the damn game is playable.

leo-j said:
Carl2291 said:
huaxiong90 said:
Carl2291 said:
Killzone 2 released a year ago.

Halo Reach isn't releasing for a long time.

That is all.

7 months is a long time? News to me.

OT: Are those the final Polygon counts for Halo: Reach?

It is when that 7 months can be used to up the graphics.

Plus, something else to note -

Halo Reach has split screen co-op. Killzone 2 doesn't.

That's why the 360 hasn't released a game that looks better than the first Uncharted right?

Yes they have..its called Gears of War 2..maybe you've heard of it.

A game doesn't need to look like Killzone 2,to look good,or be a good game.
The developing time for KZ2 is very likely twice as big as Reach's.
Look at GT5 or GoW3...they both as well have such big developing time...
Guerilla Games,Polyphony Digital,Santa Monica....these guys have always tried to put a graphical standard...Bungie is not in the same league,they want to make an excellent game,without making 360 owners waiting years and years for the game to come out...
While Bungie is releasing Halo 3,Halo 3 ODST,Halo Reach...the other 3 developers are releasing 1 game...

Around the Network

Look at them fight over graphics, sad.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Seece said:
I kinda agree with Leo, never played Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain ect, but they look amazing, I think Halo Reach and Alan Wake are the only 2 games that can be worthy of even discussing graphics vs graphics, it doesnt help with selnor making threads about nearly every game under the sun being OMGZ BEST GRAPHICS EVER! Although I enjoy those threads so I'm not bashing you Selnor

I agree with Leo and Seece, I've played many games on Xbox 360 and PS3 and to this point i think KZ2 IS the best looking FPS on consoles, But you must keep in mind that KZ2 is built not on a Epic scale with massive world to roam Like in Halo games, it's more Linear i guess, Honestly up to this point From what i saw, God of war 3 will be the best looking game on PS3, Halo Reach will be the best looking Xbox 360 game.

Who cares which one has alittle more polygons both games look awesome, all in all it's up to you wich one you enjoy more.

Theres so many things wrong with this article.

1) Their using screens from a random artist with pics not hosted or acknowledged by Bungie and just because theres text that says real in game graphics they think that makes these legit?

2) Their comparing a main character in Killzone 2 to a random marine, if you want a real comparison you have to compare a random marine in Killzone 2 to a random marine in Reach.

3) Their comparing pre-alpha pics from Halo Reach to pics in Killzone 2, a completed game.

4) The fact that the original Killzone had more polygons than a Halo Reach marine pretty much confirms this is fake. There is no way in hell the original Killzone has more polygons in its marines than even Halo 3.

Any rational person can read through those points and see why this article was created as flaimbait to get hits on their site.

GebX was banned for posting too many articles that painted Sony and PS3 games in a bad light, so whats the cut off point for other people cause this guy has certainly made a habit of posting biased articles.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

so who cares...

Why do people keep saying Halo isn't a graphical powerhouse? But last gen they had 2 of the best games available graphically? And looks like they could repeat it this gen with Reach. Can't wait to play it. Although I hate playing halo without splitscreen. Does anyone find them crap without it? It's like they were made for splitscreen? Same with Gears of War. I think it's just cause I'm so used of it on PS3 I don't wanna play 360 single player.