By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve: 'We messed up on PS3'

letsdance said:
Twistedpixel said:
Dno said:
hahahahah value eating HUGE crow? i fucking love it!!

What crow? I see no crow here. They have a massive digital distribution network with market dominance in the PC space. Anything they earn on the PS3 would be like extra sprinkles on their coffee in terms of overall revenue.

...it's still crow.

No it isn't. Its an olive branch, theres the significant difference. In this instance they can cover their ears and shout "PS3 sucks, PS3 sucks, PS3 sucks" until they are blue in the face if they wanted to. Its litterally no skin off their backs what happens on the PS3. However they've chosen not to do this which is fine. They are apologising and this does not involve eating crow. They were right about the PS3 at the time they made their statements until the point where Sony decided to dump about 4B or more dollars into the system to get it viable. This is a retraction and an attempt to normalise relations.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
Twistedpixel said:
letsdance said:
Twistedpixel said:
Dno said:
hahahahah value eating HUGE crow? i fucking love it!!

What crow? I see no crow here. They have a massive digital distribution network with market dominance in the PC space. Anything they earn on the PS3 would be like extra sprinkles on their coffee in terms of overall revenue.

...it's still crow.

No it isn't. Its an olive branch, theres the significant difference. In this instance they can cover their ears and shout "PS3 sucks, PS3 sucks, PS3 sucks" until they are blue in the face if they wanted to. Its litterally no skin off their backs what happens on the PS3. However they've chosen not to do this which is fine. They are apologising and this does not involve eating crow. They were right about the PS3 at the time they made their statements until the point where Sony decided to dump about 4B or more dollars into the system to get it viable. This is a retraction and an attempt to normalise relations.

...whatever helps you sleep dude

Oh Valve, a little late to the party?
Numbskulls like you who had to cry and scream, we don't understand, it's too hard. And to think Sony even answered your tears of frustration by tacking on a graphics card just for you, and you still weren't willing to give it a go.

So whats changed now?
Oh thats right, money, how could I forget, I sometimes think when you guys tell us you have scruples and its all about making games for gamers, I want to believe you, I really do, but your full of shit, it's the money.

Fuck... I'm dead!

Well this statement is good news to me,cause it probably means that Valve has plans for the console and I'll get to play Half-life 2 episode 3 on my ps3...

PDF said:
badgenome said:
Don't feel so bad. Sony messed up on the PS3, too.

lulz :p

The parallel doesn't end there. Sony is redeeming itself with PS3 now. So Valve also decided it was time for some PS3 redemption.

"Some of that will come from us learning and getting better." Just wanted to point out to the person who disagreed with me that Vavle lacks PS3 expertise. This quote is coming directly from Valve and it means "we don't have the expertise right now to make a great PS3 product". Credit to them for saying it too. I hope something great comes from this for PS3; though if it's FPS I'm unlikely to buy it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
letsdance said:

...whatever helps you sleep dude

Just cos I feel like it I will tell a story.

One day when Valve was walking he came across the most hideous looking girl he had even seen and he said "Wow you're a fat ugly stinky ignorant whore". The girl was horrified, but the words were true! So upset was the girl she ran home to her daddy. The girls father was Sony. Then becuase he felt sorry for his little girl, so the father spent a lot of money on social graces, an education and plastic surgery to solve the problems PS3 had. Soon after Valve saw the girl again and she looked pretty good and she had a nice personality. Since Valve is a bit of a cheater, and he already has this thing on the side with Xbox 360 to go with his marriage with the PC Valve decided to apologise to PS3 in order to get into bed with her.

The end.

Lol... that story was fucking stupid and inaccurate

oh... and even if it were accurate... its still sallowing the words and eating crow

No it wasn't. Do you want me to show you daddies finances?

This conversation is hilarious.

Guys, it's business. Companies are fickle. They change with the time.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Twistedpixel said:
No it wasn't. Do you want me to show you daddies finances?

go ahead. No matter what you show though proves your story accurate. Sony was losing money from the start before valve opened their mouth. Youre just plain wrong.