By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve: 'We messed up on PS3'

Avarice28 said:
Twistedpixel said:
SickleSigh said:
So when Ps3 starts to sell better they would like to develop for the Ps3. Aren't these the same guys that said Sony mest up and should just end Ps3 cycle and start over? Seems like it's not integrity they have. They just didn't see enough money in Ps3 until now.

Well noone at that point in the PS3s life cycle expected Sony to dump 4+ Billion dollars into the console to get it to this point. There was truth in the earlier statements because no one expected Sony to deliberately spend as much money as they have to create better franchises. Now the shoe is on the other foot and it is up to Sony if they want valve in their circle of trust.

I fixed it for you.  Sony has nothing to prove, they have done everything in their power to make playstation fans happy.  Valve on the other had has contributed zero to the fiscal well being of Sony or  to the entertainment of the Sony fanbase.  So if they bring their games over they will have to wait in line for me because I will be playing all the superior exclusives that Sony already has available.

Sony has to prove to people who haven't got a PS3 that its worth the price. Superior exclusives huh? So perhaps two of the biggest landmark shooter games in existance, Half-Life 2 which is probably still better than every single shooter Sony has released and they have to wait in line? You sound a little bit less care free about this than you're trying to appear.

Do you know what its like to live on the far side of Uranus?

Around the Network
letsdance said:
Twistedpixel said:
letsdance said:
Twistedpixel said:

Why can't you comprehend that 600 Euro to 400 Euro is a 33% reduction in price 6 months after release. The billions they lost after release is due to them cutting the price too fast. Had the price stayed higher for longer they would not have lost nearly as much money. They haven't had a profitable financial year for over four financial years. That doesn't look to be on track for anything.

Good thing europe =/= ww. Your rhetoric is just spin. Nice try but it doesnt work on me

???

Rhetoric is the art of using language to persuade. It normally follows three methods of logos, pathos, and ethos, as well as the five canons of memory, invention, delivery, style, and arrangement.

1 : the art of speaking or writing effectively: as a : the study of principles and rules of composition formulated by critics of ancient times b : the study of writing or speaking as a means of communication or persuasion
2 a : skill in the effective use of speech b : a type or mode of language or speech; also : insincere or grandiloquent language
3 : verbal communication : discourse

use a better d...

wait... why the fuck are you using wiki to define a word?

oh... just more spin spouting from your mouth... move on folks

Do Valves spin?

At least they're finally admitting they were wrong and seeing the PS3 is just as valid a system as 360.

+1 respect for Valve

Twistedpixel said:
Avarice28 said:
Twistedpixel said:
SickleSigh said:
So when Ps3 starts to sell better they would like to develop for the Ps3. Aren't these the same guys that said Sony mest up and should just end Ps3 cycle and start over? Seems like it's not integrity they have. They just didn't see enough money in Ps3 until now.

Well noone at that point in the PS3s life cycle expected Sony to dump 4+ Billion dollars into the console to get it to this point. There was truth in the earlier statements because no one expected Sony to deliberately spend as much money as they have to create better franchises. Now the shoe is on the other foot and it is up to Sony if they want valve in their circle of trust.

I fixed it for you.  Sony has nothing to prove, they have done everything in their power to make playstation fans happy.  Valve on the other had has contributed zero to the fiscal well being of Sony or  to the entertainment of the Sony fanbase.  So if they bring their games over they will have to wait in line for me because I will be playing all the superior exclusives that Sony already has available.

Sony has to prove to people who haven't got a PS3 that its worth the price. Superior exclusives huh? So perhaps two of the biggest landmark shooter games in existance, Half-Life 2 which is probably still better than every single shooter Sony has released and they have to wait in line? You sound a little bit less care free about this than you're trying to appear.

Just thought I'd add he probably isn't referring strictly to shooters.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
Twistedpixel said:
Avarice28 said:
Twistedpixel said:
SickleSigh said:

Just ignore the guy. Its a convenience for him to ignore that little fact. Thats what we like to call "spin"

Around the Network

Hmm...I think I'm gonna abstain from this thread. I'm not here to pick sides.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

huaxiong90 said:
Twistedpixel said:

Sony only releases shooters. The PS3 is a shooter box. Look at the number of Sony published shooters!

• Uncharted
  • Uncharted 2
  • Resistance Fall of Man
  • RFOM 2
  • R+C ACIT
  • R+C TOD
  • R+C Q4B
  • Killzone 2
  • Infamous
  • LBP (has a paint ball gun)

How can you say they have a lot of exclusives without guns?

Twistedpixel said:
huaxiong90 said:
Twistedpixel said:

Sony only releases shooters. The PS3 is a shooter box. Look at the number of Sony published shooters!

• Uncharted
  • Uncharted 2
  • Resistance Fall of Man
  • RFOM 2
  • R+C ACIT
  • R+C TOD
  • R+C Q4B
  • Killzone 2
  • Infamous

I'm getting terribly dizzy.

letsdance said:
Twistedpixel said:
huaxiong90 said:
Twistedpixel said:

• Uncharted
  • Uncharted 2
  • Resistance Fall of Man
  • RFOM 2
  • R+C ACIT
  • R+C TOD
  • R+C Q4B
  • Killzone 2
  • Infamous

I'm getting terribly dizzy.

You might need a shunt in your brain. Its a valve which relieves pressure on the brain by allowing fluid to drain back out of the cranium.

Twistedpixel said:
huaxiong90 said:
Twistedpixel said:

• Uncharted
  • Uncharted 2
  • Resistance Fall of Man
  • RFOM 2
  • R+C ACIT
  • R+C TOD
  • R+C Q4B
  • Killzone 2
  • Infamous

LBP has a paint ball gun.