By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The wii is a virus!

V-virus?

I knew this day would come! I knew it!

*pumps shotgun*

Bring it Wii!

*a couple of minutes later*

Braaaaains!

Around the Network

Spineless from the start, sucked into the part
circus comes to town, you play the lead clown
Please, please
spreading the Wii's disease, living by its story
Knees, knees
falling to your knees, suffer for its glory
You will

Time for lust, time for lie
time to kiss your life goodbye
Send the Wii money, send it green
Fun you will meet
Make a contribution
and you'll get a better seat

Bow to the Gaming Messiah

Marvel at it's tricks, need your Sunday fix
blind devotion came, rotting your brain
Chain, chain
Join the endless chain
Fame, Fame
Infection is the game, stinking drunk with power
We see

Send the Wii money, send it green
Fun you will meet
Make a contribution

Bow to the Gaming Messiah

Witchery, weakening
Sees the sheep are gathering
set the trap, hypnotize
now you follow

Send the Wii money, send it green
Fun you will meet
Make a contribution

Lie

/end thread

sorry seemed funny..

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

I actually wrote the OP 2 years ago

jefforange89 said:
"the Wii is a toy, not an entertainment focused product."

So, then, what's a toy?

Something that's more fun than an entertainment focused product

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Watch out you're going to awaken all of the Nintendo nut huggers. 0_o
I can say from personal experience that many people in my life treat their Wii as exactly as described. It gets very limited usage.

The Wii has pretty terrible software as a whole and has made it's biggest mark in non-traditional / non-standard gaming types. (Eldery Homes, Women looking for exercise, etc) and the standard Nintendo core group, children.

It's software isn't getting gobbled up because it's so good, it's getting gobbled up because of the knowledge of the general consumer of Wii games.

And while I love Nintendo, the Wii and it's success has been somewhat shocking to me because like the Gamecube and N64 before it their third party support has been absolutely horrible as a whole and the system usually lives and dies by the vine of the core quality Nintendo games (Fill in your Zelda, Mario, Metroid series here).

The biggest explanation to me is simply that Nintendo has gathered old people, women, children and hey more power to them. Great way to make a profit and keep Nintendo in the top of the industry.

But my 90 year old grandmother loves knitting, watching lifetime, buying things from QVC, 1940s music....So while she might think Wii software is great and so much fun!!! The reality of the situation is that for the general crowd of gamers (12-40) the Wii is more often a less appealing option IMHO.

Around the Network
jefforange89 said:
"the Wii is a toy, not an entertainment focused product."

So, then, what's a toy?

I know. It's like words just come out and he doesn't understand what they mean.

Also, it is not a machine for a games game. I guess it's a non-video game machine for non-games games. Shit, I think my brain just fell out of my head in protest.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Never will I understand some people's sheer hatred for this simple glossy white piece of plastic.

One of the great mysteries of life...

never mind

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

He has it backwards.

The Wii is the cure, the gaming industry is the virus.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Is this supposed to be something new? It's just an another "hardcore" developer saying how "TEH WII R EVILZ!"