By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The wii is a virus!

sounds like a douche

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

Around the Network

I have a friend who has a friend in the CIA and he said that the Wii is a mutated version of the T virus. They also suspect that Umbrella is a shell company for Nintendo. They were looking for the necessary documents to prove this. But the Investigators became infected with the Wii virus after playing a game of Wii sports. Fear the Wii.

Don't mind me. I'm just upping my post count.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

DICE developers are light years away from being a talented team to create a good Wii game.

better staying with the traditional gaming dice, that's a wise choice.

Once the black Wii is released worldwide, it will be known as "The Black Death"

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

I don't disagree with him.

Like obviously the core/serious gamers will play lots on the wii, but do you really think all the old people and parents who bought wii's (because they heard on Oprah that it was cool) play it for a couple hours a day like 360/PS3 gamers? Probably not.

I don't really get the virus thing he was talking about but some of what he said is true.

Around the Network

The second it said "DICE" had me convinced he was a idiot.

"it's a toy, people have got to realize the Wii is a toy, not an entertainment focused product"

Toys are ENTERTAINMENT! Thats why people PLAY WITH THEM TO ENTERTAIN THEMSELFS!!!

Chairman-Mao said:

Like obviously the core/serious gamers will play lots on the wii, but do you really think all the old people and parents who bought wii's (because they heard on Oprah that it was cool) play it for a couple hours a day like 360/PS3 gamers? Probably not.

I don't really get the virus thing he was talking about but some of what he said is true.

I have to disagree with you there. There have been pictures floating around the Inteternet showing Seniors enjoying Wii sports. Some have even formed a Wii sports bowling league. Also a couple of weeks ago a VGChartz poster stated that his Grandparents actually enjoy playing Mario Kart Wii. Lets not forget the impact of Wii fit and what it as done for the Fitness industry. There are people from all walks of life interested in Fitness. Just go look at the Amazon.com reviews for fitness games on the Wii. You will see that Game Journalist and most mainstream media are missing a new subgroup of gamer that's emerging. I guess it's Fitness gaming. Yes, I coined a phrase. I wonder if I can submit it to Webster as an entry in the dictionary.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Well it's true - all the wii's I know are dust gatherers, not to mention, what does it have over the other 2 game consoles? Less power, less quality exclusives etc.

Wait... I finally got it! The secret to everything about the Wii!

While these people don't like the Wii, they are responsible for it selling. You see, every time someone mentions the word Wii, someone goes out and buys a Wii. And they, by constantly talking crap about the Wii, are still talking about the Wii, and thus, keeping the Wii in the news. This increased Wii exposure is leading to more Wii sales, hence, more Wii profits for Nintendo! So go on, Wii haters, keep living in your dream world. Keep spewing Wii hate. The rest of us will see right through it, and buy a Wii.

===NINTENDO RELEASES STATEMENT ABOUT THE "WII" VIRUS===

February 27, 2010, Redmond, WA
Nintendo of America would like to take this opportunity to address the recent rumors of our "Wii" console being compared to a virus. We would like to reassure people that our Wii console will not cause any detrimental viral effects, despite what many "professional analysts" may say. The Wii, however, may cause some side effects, such as sudden bursts of laughter, increased heartrate from excitement, and, in extreme cases, possible loss of weight. Failure to use the included wrist strap may also have the side effect of damaged personal property. However, through careful use, there is no need to worry; you, your Wii, and your family, are all safe from the "Wii virus." Should you feel the need for extra protection, please be sure to use the Wiimote jacket included with all new Wiimotes, and patches are also availiable on many of our games, including "New Super Mario Bros. Wii." For more information, please just ignore the idiots, or find an unbiased poster at www.vgchartz.com .

About Nintendo of America (NoA):
NoA is one of the two rich-ass companies located in Redmond, WA, and is wholey owned by Nintendo Company, Ltd. Since 1985, NoA has been providing electronic entertainment to people in the United States and Canada. Their website is located at www.nintendo.com .

About Nintendo Company, Ltd (NCL):
NCL has been providing an entertainment "virus" for well over 100 years. Ranging from Hanafuda cards, to cotton candy makers, to the current Wii and Nintendo DS systems, and even love hotels, NCL has been at the center of entertainment. Their website is located at www.nintendo.co.jp .

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Chairman-Mao said:

You realize that specious reasoning without any real figures to back it up in no way constitutes a supported opinion, much less truth?