By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
woopah said:
woo we can have some cool discussion

@Mazty

just so i can understand your point of view, do you believe that handheld titles shouldnt be ranked over 90? if not what is the maximum mark a handheld title should be able to get?

also about your franchise gaming = fanboy theory. how exactly does that work? is it that only fanboys buy franchise titles? so halo is only bought by halo fanboys and uncharted 2 sold only because of uncharted fanboys? what about people for whom this is thier first instalment? from sales data we can estimate that theres a probably a fair few people who picked up brawl without having played melee or the original. do they become fanboys after playing one for the first time? cos i my opinion you cannot dismiss a game saying its not quality it only gets bought by fanboys, because surely the franchise being quality is what makes them fanboys to begin with. It is my belief that people become nintendo/sony/microsoft fanboys because they enjoy the quality of the games those companies provide. Thus, a franchise may sell to fanboys but those fanboys only buy it because of its quality.

Games on the consoles, all three, should be compared to one another, as they are offering essentially the same sort of entertainment.

Hand-held gaming should be done seperatly as it's a given that the graphics and gameplay are going to be dated in comparison to the consoles, which are also offering a different angle on gaming.

With a franchise, once one good title is released, some fans expect every title from their on out to be just as good if not better. Instead of going "hang on, just because it's got the same name, or even devs, doesn't mean it'll be a good game".
You have to approach the game as objectively as possible, which a lot of people do not do. Uncharted 1 was fun, and uncharted 2 improved on it in everyway. But let's take MW2 over MW (PC version). The FoV was reduced, the storyline went from simple but believable to full of holes and made no sense. The multiplayer was laggy, full of hackers, unbalanced and reduced to cat & mouse shooting in the back etc. Yet many people like it. Ask them why and they struggle to get past "because I do", or tend not to have played a large amount of games with which to compare it.
You can only dissmiss a game once you see what it offers, hence why I won't talk bad of games I've never played. After playing NSMBW and LBP, I cannot see why anyone would enjoy the former, unless they were really young and just enjoyed the colours, or again, hadn't played many games with which to compare it.

A franchise does not mean a game is going to be good, it just means it has had a successful title (generally the first) and sold afterwards.

Around the Network
BoleroOfFire said:
Hmm...where did I read about the Wii being a toy before? ::looks at sig:: Ohhhhhh!

@Mazty: lol. What year are you trapped in? Join us in 2010 where the Wii has crushed sales records. A greater amount of people are buying it therefore it has the most appealing library. You silly, you!

If it's library is so appealing, why is it still being bundled with it's release title?
Learn what shovel ware is and come back to reality. Hopefully this will be the year the wii sales start to fall and gaming won't just be about advertising.

Mazty said:
BoleroOfFire said:
Hmm...where did I read about the Wii being a toy before? ::looks at sig:: Ohhhhhh!

@Mazty: lol. What year are you trapped in? Join us in 2010 where the Wii has crushed sales records. A greater amount of people are buying it therefore it has the most appealing library. You silly, you!

If it's library is so appealing, why is it still being bundled with it's release title?
Learn what shovel ware is and come back to reality. Hopefully this will be the year the wii sales start to fall and gaming won't just be about advertising.

Yeah if only Nintendo would show people playing the game instead of having to use sensationalism like shooting prostitutes and gunning down innocent civilians.

As for LBP V NSMB. If you like floaty physics you can always flutter with Yoshi so there is no need for LBP apart from amateur content.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Mazty said:
woopah said:
woo we can have some cool discussion

@Mazty

just so i can understand your point of view, do you believe that handheld titles shouldnt be ranked over 90? if not what is the maximum mark a handheld title should be able to get?

also about your franchise gaming = fanboy theory. how exactly does that work? is it that only fanboys buy franchise titles? so halo is only bought by halo fanboys and uncharted 2 sold only because of uncharted fanboys? what about people for whom this is thier first instalment? from sales data we can estimate that theres a probably a fair few people who picked up brawl without having played melee or the original. do they become fanboys after playing one for the first time? cos i my opinion you cannot dismiss a game saying its not quality it only gets bought by fanboys, because surely the franchise being quality is what makes them fanboys to begin with. It is my belief that people become nintendo/sony/microsoft fanboys because they enjoy the quality of the games those companies provide. Thus, a franchise may sell to fanboys but those fanboys only buy it because of its quality.

Games on the consoles, all three, should be compared to one another, as they are offering essentially the same sort of entertainment.

Hand-held gaming should be done seperatly as it's a given that the graphics and gameplay are going to be dated in comparison to the consoles, which are also offering a different angle on gaming.

With a franchise, once one good title is released, some fans expect every title from their on out to be just as good if not better. Instead of going "hang on, just because it's got the same name, or even devs, doesn't mean it'll be a good game".
You have to approach the game as objectively as possible, which a lot of people do not do. Uncharted 1 was fun, and uncharted 2 improved on it in everyway. But let's take MW2 over MW (PC version). The FoV was reduced, the storyline went from simple but believable to full of holes and made no sense. The multiplayer was laggy, full of hackers, unbalanced and reduced to cat & mouse shooting in the back etc. Yet many people like it. Ask them why and they struggle to get past "because I do", or tend not to have played a large amount of games with which to compare it.
You can only dissmiss a game once you see what it offers, hence why I won't talk bad of games I've never played. After playing NSMBW and LBP, I cannot see why anyone would enjoy the former, unless they were really young and just enjoyed the colours, or again, hadn't played many games with which to compare it.

A franchise does not mean a game is going to be good, it just means it has had a successful title (generally the first) and sold afterwards.

They say ignorance is bliss

Mazty said:
BoleroOfFire said:

Because that's one of the appealing titles from it's library...along with the 20 million sellers, 10 million sellers, 5 million sellers, 1 million sellers etc.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Lmao! Aside from Nintendo's franchises, which Wii games have heavy advertising?  Btw, do you need a hankie?

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

Around the Network
Mazty said:

Oh my. 

You know, it's not bundled in Japan.  And how does that relate given the bundling of the original Mario Brothers game on the NES?

I'm sorry man but all your points are blunt.   You act as though only your ideology of video games and what they constitute as is the only concept that is correct or that should exist.

Enjoy your games and all that but keep the eletist ideologies out. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
Mazty said:

Oh my. 

You know, it's not bundled in Japan.  And how does that relate given the bundling of the original Mario Brothers game on the NES?

I'm sorry man but all your points are blunt.   You act as though only your ideology of video games and what they constitute as is the only concept that is correct or that should exist.

Enjoy your games and all that but keep the eletist ideologies out. 

Agree with you with all my heart. Also I keep forgetting what part of the Industry are you?

Former something....

Cheebee said:
Haha, lol. Poor guy, I feel sorry for him. If Wii is a virus, then what is DS? A pandemic?

Down syndrome

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Mazty said:
killeryoshis said:
Mazty said:

No, technical improvement makes games better as you can refine an idea to be more like the reality you would want it to be e.g. compare GT1 to GT4.

The wii does nothing new or even well other than riding on the back of four games (Mario Galaxy, SSBB, NSMBW and Mario Karts), all which are fanboy titles and so would have been bought reguardless of quality. Mario Kart is a bad game as it has nothing to do with skill due to the blue shell, SSBB is just a cluster mess, NSMBW does nothing that LBP doesn't do better, but Mario Galaxy does look pretty good (only one I haven't played). I think something that says a lot about the wii is the amount of franchise titles on it and we all know franchise gaming = fanboys.

oh cut the crap. Your blinded byt the industry is telling you. What are the HD systems doing that couldn't be done on past consoles/systems?
Online- Nope X-Box could do that also PC did it for years
Graphics- They always go up so that crap is cutted out

SSBB- The game is a mess of fun if that's what you mean
MK:Wii- Blue shells don't make it soloely on luck. Blue shells come 2 to 3 times a round
NSMBW- The darn game had a better muiltplayer that's how it beats LBP

all these games use the wii's motion control to a way that it won't be as fun as a regualar controller.  The wheel is preety darn fun.
SSBB id the only game that barly uses motion control.

Super Mario galaxy wouldn't be easily done on a HD system. The wii pushes the way how we play games. That's how the system
is pushing the industry not your wallet

What are the HD consoles doing which couldn't have been done before? Easy - the HD consolea are giving me a more immersive gaming experience, as well as improving on ideas from the last generation. For example, Resistance 2 I'll compare to a similar run and gun shooter of last gen I loved - Red Faction 2. For me both single player parts were meh, but R2's still better as it looke dnicer, more variation in enemy, better AI, good array of weapons and so on. Now for the MP, R2 gives me a great online feature, with great map desing which does away with camping spots. Also the idea of moving spawn points and a fully balanced weapon system gives R2 a good stride over RF2 both technically and in ideas (balancing all weapons, moving spawn points etc). Some of it could have been achieved last gen, but hardly all of it, meaning an improvement in hardware allows for a game to be potentially better. Same can be said of Motorstorm 2, where the physics engine couldn't have been achieved on last gens hardware. Want a good comparison, just look at Killzone 1 & 2.

SSBB is just frantic button mashing - something that became boring to me once I realised repetition was boring as hell.
Its only a button masher if you play it like one. It involves tons of skill. Oh wait your a beginner
MK: Wii. Yes blue shells do. Unless you hang back in 2nd until the last few closing seconds, you are going to be knocked back a lot due to the blue shell - all it serves to do is slow down the leader, hardly making the game about skill, but just sheer luck.
Blue shells don't pop up commonly
NSMBW: Oh yeah LBP didn't have online play...oh wait. Smooth move, sherlock. Point is NSMBW does nothing new at all and the multiplayer was annoying as hell due to having to be on the same screen and bouncing off of each other.
NSMBW uses motion controls in a way that couldn't been done on other systems

The wheel has lag to it making it Mario Kart an exercise in frustration rather than precision driving.
You seem to suck at it than

How the hell does the wii push the way we play games? By making us jack-off air?? No, what changes how we play are games which come up with new innovations to genres, such as Halo:CE, GTA3 or Gears of War. All the wii has done, other than with Mario Galaxy, is make close to carbon copies of GC titles and given them a different controller. Yeah because that makes the games so much better!

Also I have sopme respones in your quote

@ Big letters

Tell me when you inverse what kind of things do you mean?

@ Black
Your telling me that if for some reason I wanted to put this game on the X box. I couldn't do it because of wepons and stuff?
You seem to confuse gameplay with graphics. Of course you'll get better physics in stronger hardware.
Online could've been done on X box. Don't bring that up. Map design is limited by the person not the hardware. Fully balanced weapons could be done only on HD systems how?

Your telling me that the wii is copying the GC? Nice. Unless your a game that couldn't take advantage of the motion control. There are no games on wii that could be done on the GC. Its nice when people say that nintendo games are copies. Yet isn't every sequal? Wii improves FPS.
That's one genre that's big on HD systems. It can improve in gameplay. That's what Zelda Wii is going to be about. A revolution. I bet my hgouse that Zelda wii will be game that uses Motion + so well that porting on other systems and keeping its quality will be near impoosible

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Pyro as Bill said:
Mazty said:
BoleroOfFire said:

Yeah if only Nintendo would show people playing the game instead of having to use sensationalism like shooting prostitutes and gunning down innocent civilians.

As for LBP V NSMB. If you like floaty physics you can always flutter with Yoshi so there is no need for LBP apart from amateur content.

Wow congratulations on possibly the most inane thread I've read this year so far.

GTA is not about sensationalism; it's about doing in a game what you can't do in life - blurring the boundaries and letting go of reality for a bit. How you have linked that into advertising I don't know because last I checked GTA4 wasn't sold under the tagline of "GTA4 - Killing hookers and civilians IN HIGH DEFINITION!", but the wii advert's do tend not to show the product they are selling. Read that last part again "Not showing the product they are selling".

LBP has far better level design (Hollywood-esque chase sequences, mix of platforming and some quick vehicle sections etc) better (more advanced) physics engine, online play and customisation of almost everything.
NSMBW is just the SNES version with better graphics and a few little additions, like the suits  - it's something that wouldn't have been out of place on the PS1.