gamings_best said:
Garnett said:
gamings_best said:
Garnett said:
libellule said:
letsdance said:
being bad ass is lame?

I guess Gears of War is a lame game.

no, but the Gears and Unreal character design is shittest ones ever made in history ...

big arm, big head, big muscle, big p**** ...

that is lame.

Yes Gears is really lame, there all big,cocky and buff but when they die and you walk past them and slightly touch them there filed with helium and go bouncing all over the place, Lame.

OT- Why do you think people like Uncharted so much? Because Drake isn't 6 foot 7 ex body builder with a mohawk hunting down gods and tearing there heads off while screaming about some bullshit. Drake has a personality,Kratos is boring and has no story, hes just another Broly.

yeah and Broly was fucking bad-ass,

Kratos sits in a chiar, next  to Broly and the Joker in the Hall of the baddest mudafukkas that ever lived.

WAR from darksiders is lame, Alex Mercer is LAAAAAAAME, if your and uber badass who like to destroy shit...... Be an uber badass.

Ya'll mad Kratos knows what he is.

shit if inbetween all that murder he decided to sit and cry about some bullshit to show his sensitive side, that would be lame, and really really gay,

seriously you DUDES need to grow some balls, and evenjoy being a MAN for once and do manly things. like the greek gods, and north's god's, who did nothing but eat, fuck, and kill shit! like a real-badass

bunch of wussies

Yeah Broly was a bad ass alright he only got owned like what 3 times? and by little kids LOL, So much for the "Legendary Super Saiyan".

Joker actually looks like a joke, its his personality that makes him bad ass, a personality is what Kratos and Broly both are lacking.

AWWWWWWW did the wiwwtle man get scarwed the big bad guys ripped that other guy's head off.-_-

cry me a river

he the freaking GOD of WAR!!!!!!! not panzies

he does exactky what a god of war would do....... you guys are the lame one's

shit i wounder how you would act as the god of freaking war.

garnett of war: oh no's please don't kill, lets make love not war????

Soldiers on the battlefield: who dafuck is this guys

garnett or war: look everybody butterflies!!!

yeah you heard heard the term:

GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Im all for war, but a generic bad ass is stale now, it was cool in the 80s but now its lame.

oh so sensative bad-asses are the new thing???

find me one guy badder than Kratos.................. without his personality...... and then your not just a 360 loving wus

Kratos has no personality. Shit Wolverine has more personality than Kratos. There i found a "Bad ass " with a personality. 

Around the Network
Jaaau! said:
It's interesting how the console wars saga is presented in a different dress every day. Low blows disguised as reasonable points. Trying to hurt but just enough, a constant flirt with trolling.

On a side note, this whole discussion is very femenine.

What's even more interesting are all the people that think not liking a character is the same thing as flaming a console.  If I hated everything PS3 I wouldn't have compemented Uncharted so much, said how terrible I think Gears of War story is, and how horrible a character Mario is.

Whatever, I guess people see whatever they want to see when they have blinders on.  If they love them some PS3, anything negative towards anything having to do with anything even remotely related to the PS3 must be fanboy trolling drivel.

look how many Kratos' gf you have angered.. tsk.

I love the .gif BTW. Kratos rocks!!!

So what would make people happy? If Kratos stopped every once in a while, sat down for a drink and cracked some jokes and had a laugh?

Maybe chit chat about his life before everything went wrong during the entire game?

The guy is brutal for a reason. He was a Spartan general and Spartans were already bad ass enough. The guy made a pact with Ares and it ended up costing him to murder his own wife and child.

The damn guy wears their ashes on his skin and a non stop reminder of what he did.

If that was you, would you be smiling every once in a while or cracking some jokes? Would you stop periodically to tell people stories of the better times? No, you would be a lunatic.

That is who Kratos is. He is a Spartan who's acts of brutality cost him in the most severe way and now he is just a man full of rage with nothing left to lose.

By the way, how many other characters do we have that are this brutal and have a story like Kratos' to go along with it? Do we have others who not only have their memories to haunt them but physical alterations from those brutal acts that they must carry for the rest of their life?

Unless we do I would say he is pretty unique to me. He is just brutal, but he has a very legitimate reason.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:
So what would make people happy? If Kratos stopped every once in a while, sat down for a drink and cracked some jokes and had a laugh?

Maybe chit chat about his life before everything went wrong during the entire game?

The guy is brutal for a reason. He was a Spartan general and Spartans were already bad ass enough. The guy made a pact with Ares and it ended up costing him to murder his own wife and child.

The damn guy wears their ashes on his skin and a non stop reminder of what he did.

If that was you, would you be smiling every once in a while or cracking some jokes? Would you stop periodically to tell people stories of the better times? No, you would be a lunatic.

That is who Kratos is. He is a Spartan who's acts of brutality cost him in the most severe way and now he is just a man full of rage with nothing left to lose.

Stop making sense. My head's hurting

u just made me lol work

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:

Or like many men/fathers that would break down and cry over the loss of their loved ones, just because it was Greek mythology doesn't mean they were void of love and emotion, even spartans.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

CGI-Quality said:
Euphoria14 said:

Stop making sense. My head's hurting

It has always made sense why Kratos' character is the way he is. It has never been just mindless brutality. There has always been so much reasoning for it and quite honestly I could see anyone going nuts if they experienced what he has. His mission now is to destroy everything related to that which destroyed his life.

It just helps for one to know what they are criticizing before they go ahead and criticize.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Euphoria14 said:

Or like many men/fathers that would break down and cry over the loss of their loved ones, just because it was Greek mythology doesn't mean they were void of love and emotion, even spartans.

Even though I know this is just a movie, I remember in 300 there was a point where the friend of Leonidus' son was killed right in front of him.

He was upset at first, just as Kratos was when he first realized what he had just done.

After that he went into a frenzy.

Did that make his character lame all of a sudden.

It just seems like everyone would be happy if Kratos stopped a view times a game and started crying.

Edit -

Just remembered that the character I just mentioned cried after his frenzy.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:

By the way, how many other characters do we have that are this brutal and have a story like Kratos' to go along with it? Do we have others who not only have their memories to haunt them but physical alterations from those brutal acts that they must carry for the rest of their life?

Unless we do I would say he is pretty unique to me. He is just brutal, but he has a very legitimate reason.

Do you really believe that kratos cares about his family?......He had the means to bring them back with the threads of fate and yet he didnt....he had the means to correct his mistake and yet he  didnt.....that takes away any meaning to whatever he did in GOW2 and will do in GOW 3.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:

Do you really believe that kratos cares about his family?......He had the means to bring them back with the threads of fate and yet he didnt....he had the means to correct his mistake and yet he  didnt.....that takes away any meaning to whatever he did in GOW2 and will do in GOW 3.

Eh, quite the contrary. Kratos already had to give up the opportunity to be with his daughter ever again in Chains of Olympus - he knows that his place is not with her. Calliope (his daughter) is in paradise, and he is too sullied to ever belong with her, even if she were alive.

Alternatively

The ending of God of War 2 just shows how far off the deep end Kratos has gone. We've seen him progress from trying to get his family back, to trying to rid himself of his past, to trying to get his family back again, to seeing that the whole universe is basically laser-targeting him for endless tragedy.

We've watched him shift from a sympathetic antihero to an apocalyptic supervillain. It's an interesting ride.