By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Help me decide a game to buy ... and explain why? :-)

Help me decide a game to buy ... and explain why? :-)

White Knight Chronicles 6 15.38%

Heavy Rain 16 41.03%

Star Ocean - The Last Hope 1 2.56%

Sonic and Sega All Star Racing 2 5.13%

Bayonetta 2 5.13%

... wait for ' Final Fantasy 13 ' 12 30.77%

Total:39

After spending all my money on a pro new laptop, i only have enough for 1 game to buy for now ... Let me explain why i want all 6, and why i cant choose...

1. White Knight Chronicles

- Im craving a good RPG on ps3. I've finishing valkyria chronicles <3, eternal sonata, disgaea 3, etc etc. Altho i hear it got bad reviews
- I hear the online is great ... and ive craved a good console RPG online play since PSO on the dreamcast!!

2. Heavy Rain

- Self explanatory ... looks great, love mystery games, great reviews,

3. Star Ocean ps3

- hmmm, ive never overly liked star ocean ... i thought the ps2 one was average, i own both on psp and think thier okay ... but i think this one looks great, so im not sure whether to give the series another chance or not.

4. Sonic and Sega All StarRacing

- people on the forums may have noticed, ive been a sega fan since like 4 years old, and i buy all sega / sonic games to this date ... ill definately get this, as it looks like great fun, and it got really good reviews

5. Bayonetta

- Ive borrowed it from a friend, and am currently over half way through ... this shouldnt be on the list, but i thought id add it anyway. Its a great game, and i want to get the climax edition before its sold out ... so im not sure if i should get it now or later.

6. Final Fantasy 13

- If you have played most of the games above ... and dont recommend any, i guess you should choose this. Even tho i think FF games have gotten stale fast, this one looks great.

So yeah ... thanks for your help

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

Around the Network

Sonic Kart, because - let's face it - it's the only game that allows you to race in Ryo Hazuki's forklift (a massive oversight on the part of all those other so-called "games").

FFXIII... because... well... it's FF

If you want a good RPG on ps3 get Demons Souls. Its not good, its the best! Will keep you addicted for months.

my recommendations would be:

1) RPG - Demon Souls or Yakuza 3
2) action adventure - Uncharted 1 and 2
3) Adventure - Heavy Rain

The cheapest one you will probably find is Bayonetta. It has had price drops in several places. If you buy Bayonetta you can possibly put money aside for another game.

Myself I am not into RPg's so I couldn't really recommend one from experience, but from what I gather, Demon Souls is currently the best RPG out there at the moment :)

Around the Network

I have to say Oblivion because it's a beautiful game that will keep you occupied for months.

Final Fantasy XIII
Because it will have one of the best soundtracks you've ever heard, the gameplay and battle mechanics look interesting, the characters and the story are deep and beautiful + excellent graphics. What else do you want?

Take a look at my photos on flickr

since you loved Phantasy Star Online (HELLO FELLOW FAN!! ) you will love White Knight Chronicles. you can take my word on that

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

My first suggestion is Bayonetta. I know you're halfway through the game, but it hasn't sold that many copies, and supporting small developers is crucial to industry expansion and seeing new and fresh ideas in the future.

My second suggestion is Heavy Rain, with their long development time they need sales too.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

PeteyPeeps said:

After spending all my money on a pro new laptop, i only have enough for 1 game to buy for now ... Let me explain why i want all 6, and why i cant choose...

1. White Knight Chronicles

- Im craving a good RPG on ps3. I've finishing valkyria chronicles <3, eternal sonata, disgaea 3, etc etc. Altho i hear it got bad reviews
- I hear the online is great ... and ive craved a good console RPG online play since PSO on the dreamcast!!

Like i said on other comment

2. Heavy Rain

- Self explanatory ... looks great, love mystery games, great reviews,

Heavy Rain = Must. Buy.

3. Star Ocean ps3

- hmmm, ive never overly liked star ocean ... i thought the ps2 one was average, i own both on psp and think thier okay ... but i think this one looks great, so im not sure whether to give the series another chance or not.

Since you didn't like the PS2 one (this is the best one IMO) , you wont like it so i still recommend it but not now

4. Sonic and Sega All StarRacing

- people on the forums may have noticed, ive been a sega fan since like 4 years old, and i buy all sega / sonic games to this date ... ill definately get this, as it looks like great fun, and it got really good reviews

Yes its true this game is fun as hell , and also challenging! but too much Sonic Biased =[ (i want a Valkyria Chronicles tank!! )

5. Bayonetta

- Ive borrowed it from a friend, and am currently over half way through ... this shouldnt be on the list, but i thought id add it anyway. Its a great game, and i want to get the climax edition before its sold out ... so im not sure if i should get it now or later.

if you have a 360 get it on there, but if you liked the game i'd say borrow it again since you already half finished with it.

6. Final Fantasy 13

- If you have played most of the games above ... and dont recommend any, i guess you should choose this. Even tho i think FF games have gotten stale fast, this one looks great.

@bolded noooooooooo!!

ontopic , its final fantasy of course its a must buy!

So yeah ... thanks for your help

there you go, my recommended game is WKC.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.