By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Abortion: What's your view on it?

Abortion: What's your view on it?

I am Pro-Choice 43 51.81%

I am Pro-Life 20 24.10%

I think abortion is okay ... 15 18.07%

I don't know 5 6.02%

Total:83

My opinion on abortion is that is isn't particularly desirable, but it is essential.

Abortion exists, and in a society which allows it, it is a safe procedure. Banning abortion will not stop it, abortion isn't the kind of decision one makes on a whim. If a person wants an abortion they will be determined to do it, whether it's legal or not.

Obviously when it is driven underground due criminalising it you no longer have a safe environment. You will see mortality rates as a percentage of women getting abortions sky rocket.

So yes, for the health and safety of women abortion should be legal. there are also other reasons, but that is one of the main ones.

That said, if a woman wants an abortion after the 24th week, then it should be heavily advised against as at that point it is no longer a sack of cells, but becoming human.

Around the Network
bimmylee said:

You guys... unless the pregnancy is threatening the life of the mother, put the kid up for ADOPTION.

There are plenty of couples who are unable to have kids and would love nothing more than to raise one. Adopted kids are statistically more likely to succeed than their biological counterparts, because their parents planned for them and absolutely wanted to have them. It's a no-brainer. Just have the kid, and put it up for ADOPTION.

If the mother might die from having the kid, then YES, of course the mother should make that call. But you can't go around having sex and not expect there to be some serious consequences if you do. Cases of rape? Absolutely terrible situations. But have the kid, put it up for adoption, and get it away from yourself so it can live its life and you can live yours. Cases of incest? Likewise. Do I seem like I'm being ridiculous? Probably to many. But I don't care. You have to draw the line somewhere when you're protecting those who are unable to speak for themselves.

Let's not be selfish here. Give the kid a chance with another set of parents. If you keep in touch, your child will probably thank you someday for giving them a chance at the life you couldn't offer. That's the gift of all gifts: a chance at a good life.

ah, but there are also plenty of children who are up for adoption, no?

and what happens when 18 years down the line the now-young-adult wants to know the truth behind their birth, and goes looking to the birth mother for answers? "oh hey honey, sorry about that.. your "daddy" was a sex offender and i was his victim. ho hum. come gimme a hug".

OT: Rape, incest, deformed/seriously handicapped child, danger to the mother - i think these are "acceptable" situations.

but any other situation, although i may feel strongly about it, is not my decision to make.

i do not want to live in a society where a woman is not in control of what goes on in/comes out of her body. whether its her own fault or not for getting pregnant (and remember that contraception is not 100% reliable) and whether or not there are alternatives, if one person does not feel that she can cope with that sort of thing, then it should be her choice, whether or not i agree with it. make sense?

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Rath said:
Strategyking92 said:
Seece said:
Strategyking92 said:
I am pro life, but if an abortion is needed to kill a child with a horrible deformity, one that won't live anyway, or one that was conceived out of rape, then the choice should be given.
Although counciling should be given before a decision is made, if only so rash decisions aren't made.

The fact that Pro-Choice people can seem to elect to give more of a shit about a bag of drowning kittens over an unborn human rubs me the wrong way.

I don't understand how you don't understand it! A bag of "living" kittens isn't comparable to an unborn featus (that IS NOT a baby).

Besides Kittens > Babies

People>Animals

I guess I am the devil to PETA :-/

Unborn fetus != person

That's the pro-choice point of view that you seem to be missing.

And you don't seem to get the pro-life viewpoint that fetus=human.

Do not think we will be content with what we think is murder.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Pyramid Head said:
@letsdance

why dont you go get your self raped and see how fun it is to go talk to people about it, and let your family know etc

im serious btw

go get your ass raped

make it essential to be allowed an abortion and I'm sure the process of catching a rapist will be much easier. Oh, and I have talked to 3 people who've been attacked btw. All the same guy. I encouraged each one of them to report it to the police. Also, consider yourself reported. You are too irrational in this topic.

The rape issue is always a tough one, I personally feel that it's up to the mother, but is it fair for the child to pay for the sins of the father?

PSN ID: KingFate_

Around the Network

@letsdance
you make statements against women and then report people who reply?

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

lol... I'm not telling them to go out and get raped. If you cant see the difference then I truly pity you.

we both dont seem to understand each other, keep your pity btw

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

sorry but you need it more than I do.

Strategyking92 said:
Rath said:
Strategyking92 said:

People>Animals

I guess I am the devil to PETA :-/

Unborn fetus != person

That's the pro-choice point of view that you seem to be missing.

And you don't seem to get the pro-life viewpoint that fetus=human.

Do not think we will be content with what we think is murder.

No I get it, I just disagree with it. You just seemed to be missing the point of the pro-choice people entirely.