By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible 4 The PS3 To Sell 100M B4 It's Off The Market?... I Think So - UPDATE 85 Millionz Reached

Will The PS3 Sell 100M Before Its off The Market?

no Wii will always be ahead 56 38.89%

iz possible 46 31.94%

yes number 1 console of 7th gen 39 27.08%

Total:141

what is the average IQ on this site?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
Hephaestos said:
what is the average IQ on this site?

reading this thread you would think somewhere in the negatives.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

No,I dont think any console will hit 100m+ this generation.

thx1139 said:
First off you predicted that PS3 will be at 50 million shipped at end of 2010. That is another 16.5 million shipping in 2010. That aint gonna happen. I expect that for next FY Sony will shoot for another 13 million. They wont have a price drop boost to push it beyond this years numbers.

Second Sony 10 year plan isnt 10 years without a successor. Expect 2012-2013 for PS4. When that happens PS3 sales will drop far more than PS2 sales dropped because PS3 will never be nearly as successful as PS2.

look how do you know by past trend's?

when was the last place system get that much support as the PLAYSTATION when the system is still at $300.00 into it's 4 year?

that answer is never. or have a game system at $500.00 or $600.00 sell as well as the playstation 3 has done.

or you may ad no other company has had two system's that have sold over 100+ million systems have had their market share drop as much as the PS3 has, but yet no other system has started out with a $500.00 and $600.00 price tag and expected to sell on that level an non most like never will . not even sony expected that to happen. you would be a fool if you think it could.

PlayStation Meeting Report: PS3 hardware, dev kits, new games

Posted Jul 22, 2005 1:12 pm PT

"

Kutaragi started out by reconfirming that the PS3 will be backward-compatible with PlayStation and PlayStation 2 games and will support high-definition TVs. "We're looking at a life cycle of 10 years with the PlayStation 3. We're currently shifting from standard TVs to HDTVs," said Kutaragi. "But in the next couple of years, most flat-panel TVs will be full HD. We're releasing the PS3 with full HD features from the start so that consumers won't have to buy another version of the console in the future. For the same reason, we're using Blu-ray as the PS3's disc format."

"I'm aware that with all these technologies, the PS3 can't be offered at a price that's targeted towards households. I think everyone can still buy it if they wanted to," said Kutaragi to a mostly Japanese crowd. "But we're aiming for consumers throughout the world. So we're going to have to do our best [in containing the price]."

I always heard many people think Sony expected the PS3 to sell at the number like the PS2 was  with that price tag, I do not think so not in any way shape or form,

does that sound like they expected the playstation 3 to sell to the consumer on the level that the PS2 was at without Time for them to lower the price.

so In my opinion all past trend's have been thown out the window this generation.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I think it will pass 100m.

2009 - 33.5m (299-399$)
2010 - 50m (299$)
2011 - 65m (249$)
2012 - 80m (199$)
2013 - 92m (149$)
2014 - 101m (99-129$)

Around the Network
CASS1DY said:
No,I dont think any console will hit 100m+ this generation.

Wii's going to be past 100m by 2012.

I wanna see how Sony will spin the projected 150M sales through the 10 year plan when we eventually hit the end.

In the best case the PS3 is capable of 75~80 Million...g

jack tretton said ps3 is only at 20-25% of its generation or smthing so that cud be another 6-8 years i think :P or just 5 till 2015 lol might reach 80 million dno bout 100 :P

I think its possible because every year the ps3's sales number gets higher and higher

Impossible. It's never going to happen. You're a blind fool if think it'll ever happen.