By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible 4 The PS3 To Sell 100M B4 It's Off The Market?... I Think So - UPDATE 85 Millionz Reached

Will The PS3 Sell 100M Before Its off The Market?

no Wii will always be ahead 56 38.89%

iz possible 46 31.94%

yes number 1 console of 7th gen 39 27.08%

Total:141
twesterm said:
Is it possible? Yes.

Will it likely happen? No.

I agree.  Keep in mind in actuallity it's well behind the PS1 and PS2 in total sales when you account for the PS3's near unified launch.

Still, it has a chance... if they keep pushing stuff like that DVR... and actually push it in the US.  I know i'd be all for a DRM system you don't have to pay for monthly.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
CASS1DY said:
No,I dont think any console will hit 100m+ this generation.

Wii's going to be past 100m by 2012.

lol,that ship has already sailed my friend.

Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:
Is it possible? Yes.

I agree.  Keep in mind in actuallity it's well behind the PS1 and PS2 in total sales when you account for the PS3's near unified launch.

Still, it has a chance... if they keep pushing stuff like that DVR... and actually push it in the US.  I know i'd be all for a DRM system you don't have to pay for monthly.

DVR in the US is never going to happen. The cable companies killed off cable card. The cable companies are too greedy and controlling. The only reason it works in other countries is because they have laws that mandate open access. These laws will never get passed in the US.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Grimes said:
Kasz216 said:
twesterm said:
Is it possible? Yes.

DVR in the US is never going to happen. The cable companies killed off cable card. The cable companies are too greedy and controlling. The only reason it works in other countries is because they have laws that mandate open access. These laws will never get passed in the US.

Ah.  Son of a bitch.

It will not happen.

Is it capable of it? Sure

Could the gen last long enough for it to happen? Sure

But we all know the world will end in 2012 and unless Sony (sitting next to Nintendo and MS) has a plan on how to sell consoles in hell, it wont happen.

Around the Network

Impossible for PS3 to reach 100m.

Last Gens, Playstations consoles were DOMINANT, LEADER.
This gen it's the exact opposite.
The PS3 is third and last console on the market.

My Gaming Setup

For sure.

If production allows PS3 will hot 20 million sold in one year.

I think a huge point in the favor of the PS3 selling that much is the fact that it has only now come down to the price that the PS2 began life with. I will be able to submit a more accurate prediction at the end of this year, I think.

I survived the Apocalyps3

kowhoho said:
I think a huge point in the favor of the PS3 selling that much is the fact that it has only now come down to the price that the PS2 began life with. I will be able to submit a more accurate prediction at the end of this year, I think.

but that I think is the big point of not just the PS3 yes the PS3's price reduction was more of a big reduction, the PS3 was as near as anyone could guess as about $870.00

or about there to manuf. and outside of Sony no one know's everyone is just guessing, though it was indeed the most expensive of the three system's when not including adding in all of the option's for the xbox360 that are Optional, the base core was the PS3 was the most expensive for the consumer to buy.

here we are 3 year's later and still

the nintendo Wii $199.00

the Xbox360 arcade $199.00/ Elite $299.00

and the PS3 $299.00 for the 250GB $399.00

and yet the price is still not in many people's price range because we are in a recession!

add into the fact that many people can with the PS2 and the xbox360 get netflix, new game's add in the socialnetworking capabilities, than tag on extra content for your disc based game's.

with to top that off theme's for your system, virtual item's ,old updated classic's, demo's to download and play. add in movie rental's, movie downloads.

how is it the new system's are going to have something that seperates the new system by such a large gap that make's these current system sales dry up .

not likely. very much of anything.

with the recession being the way it is the risk may be too great for some of the shareholder's

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I predict 13 million units this year with a lot of big exclusives.

I think sales will take off late next year when it gets $199 price tag. Probably 17 million units in 2011 with GTA 5. Then declining to 12 million in 2012, 10 million in 2013, 8 million in 2014, 6 million in 2015 and finally 3 million in 2016.

Total: 102 million