By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is It Possible 4 The PS3 To Sell 100M B4 It's Off The Market?... I Think So - UPDATE 85 Millionz Reached

Will The PS3 Sell 100M Before Its off The Market?

no Wii will always be ahead 56 38.89%

iz possible 46 31.94%

yes number 1 console of 7th gen 39 27.08%

Total:141
BHR-3 said:
bump for reaching 3/4 mark and will have sold an extra 50M+ since thread was made

Update the OP to see how close/far is from it.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
I don't get how everyone seems to think PS3 will be this console that will magically sell strong for 10 years despite it selling poorly, while the Wii will plummet down far quicker despite it selling much greater amounts.

Usually a console selling less indicates its life will be shorter and a console selling strongly means it will last longer, it is not the other way around..

Well, you and many other guys like the below were wrong and most likely BHR-3 will match another predition.

TheSource "65m-75m is about right for PS3"

Metallicube Nah, "I'd say 70-75 million MAX. "

DirtyP2012 "Probably about 70 million, just like 360."

mrt-tar- "70 million max"

Smashchu2 said:

There is no way it will reach 100 million. 60 million is improbable.

lmfao this guy is so good

It's really cool to get back to these threads and pick up those comments so daring that they were.

BHR-3 said:
bump for reaching 3/4 mark and will have sold an extra 50M+ since thread was made

Great prediction! Though I myself am a Sony fan I must admit that I thought 80-85 million was the best case scenario at the time. Glad I was wrong and you sir are bordering on being a prophet :)

Around the Network

" kowenicki on 18 July 2010

Yes its possible... but no it wont."

LOL

jneul come back at E3 or the PS4 launch.

during the PS3's hype, i estimated 125m ww by 2020. but personal adjustments have changed those numbers, and i haven't predicted consoles sales in over a yr.

PS3 will likely reach 10-12m by yr.'s end, and is still undertracked from last yr.

PS3 will have sold 80m units sold by yr.'s end. 5-10 for the next 4 yr's will put PS3 over 100m units sold, and it won't be discontinued in 2016 either.

lets wait for GOD:A and the last of us to release before we jump the gun.

The OP needs an update. Sales for 2010,11 and 12 to be put up for PS3.

Branko2166 said:
BHR-3 said:

Great prediction! Though I myself am a Sony fan I must admit that I thought 80-85 million was the best case scenario at the time. Glad I was wrong and you sir are bordering on being a prophet :)

BHR-3 - A prophet in the making.

paulrage2 said:
" kowenicki on 18 July 2010

Yes its possible... but no it wont."

LOL

This one's special for the obvious reasons.