By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Need some help with getting a new PC.

My budget is 1200 euro's. With that money I can get the following PC:

Processor: i7 920 - 4 x 2,66 GHz

RAM:        6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz

HD:          2000 GB - SATA II - 32 MB

Graphics:    ATI Radeon HD5850 1 GB DDR5                   

Blu-Ray / Double Layer Dvd (Re)Writer

Vista Ultimate 64 bit

With a nice case, alot of output and input and ofcourse 2 years of full warranty. With alot of parts having individual warranty aswell. Would it be better to build my own PC? And if so, could you please list the Head components (Motherboard, Graphics Card, Processor, Case, RAM) with a budget around 1200 euro's.

Thank you in advance.

Around the Network

What are you using the PC for? Just general productivity/gaming, or will you be doing something CPU- or RAM-intensive like video editing or 3D modeling? Also, what's your screen resolution?

Either way, it's nearly always better to build yourself. You'll get the exact parts that you need/want without having to deal with subpar generic parts, preinstalled bloatware, and awful customer service.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

ugh why do they package it with Vista ? >.>

Everything else is impressive.

If your build it on your own, you might be able to save about 200€ (pure estimate)

Garcian Smith said:
What are you using the PC for? Just general productivity/gaming, or will you be doing something CPU- or RAM-intensive like video editing or 3D modeling? Also, what's your screen resolution?

Either way, it's nearly always better to build yourself. You'll get the exact parts that you need/want without having to deal with subpar generic parts, preinstalled bloatware, and awful customer service.

It's meant for gaming  . Screen resolution is 2560 x 1600. But 1600 x 1200 or 1920 x 1200 is more then enough for me. Could you give me the names of some good parts? Like I said, the budget is 1200 euro's

Barozi said:
ugh why do they package it with Vista ? >.>

Everything else is impressive.

If your build it on your own, you might be able to save about 200€ (pure estimate)

What do you think of the Graphics card?

Around the Network

The 5850's a great card, one of the best on the market presently.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

The graphics card is good.

What is the system exactly? Is it a store bought branded model, a computer shop system or is someone building it for you?

Also you ought to check to see if its got a powerful enough power supply for crossfire. You may want more power in the near future to run games like Crysis on max @ your 2560 by 1600 screen resolution.

Would it be worth if I buy a 5850 CF? Or would it be worth it if I change it for a 5870

WilliamWatts said:
The graphics card is good.

What is the system exactly? Is it a store bought branded model, a computer shop system or is someone building it for you?

Also you ought to check to see if its got a powerful enough power supply for crossfire. You may want more power in the near future to run games like Crysis on max @ your 2560 by 1600 screen resolution.

A local computer shop put it together. It has the best power supply that they have: Cooler Master UCP 900W.

UPDATE: They offered me to put the Xfx Radeon HD5970 Black Edition - 2048MB - PCI-E - DVI in it for 150 euro's on top of it. 

Do Vista support more then 4GB RAM?