By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insomniac: FFXIII Superior on PS3

ZenfoldorVGI said:
slowburn said:
Adobo said:
if he felt it that way, he should have bashed those who did the porting but hey no big deal for us who will get it on xbox regardless.

Why would you get it on the 360?

Regardless of what weird, made-up allegiance you may have to one company or another, as a gamer you should do what is best for yourself, and that means buying the game for the console it was developed on. 

I buy most of my games out of spite.

Pirates download a lot of games out of spite, like MW2. It makes them feel good.

That's why I'll buy every Crytek game on a console twice, and never give them a penny for any PC content.

Because I'm trying to spite PC gaming.

That said, I'll buy FFXIII on PS3 because I'm not too interested in spiting anyone over that particular game.

?

Fuck... I'm dead!

Around the Network

What doe it matter to them anyways???

Maybe they need to shift  focus on one console and actually sell more than a million copies lol

Lyrikalstylez said:

What doe it matter to them anyways???

Maybe they need to shift  focus on one console and actually sell more than a million copies lol

These games beg to differ. And this one. And this one. And this one. And let's not forget these two.

As far as I know, and with the possible exception being Disruptor, every single one of their games excluding ACIT (which should pass one million soon enough and which launched last year), has sold more than a million copies. Every game. Insomniac does fine with sales.

EDIT: And I'm not sure about Q4B (PSN game). However, out of all the console games they've released, one game has NOT sold more than one million and one I'm not sure about.

I do not believe anything that these biased journalists are saying in regards to FFXIII. The screenshot comparison between PS3 and 360 of FFXIII has been exposed as being fake. It is very likely that FFXIII will be equal on both platforms or slightly better on the XBox 360.
I will be buying FFXIII for the XBox 360 and continue supporting Microsoft until the day I die.

The screenshots were most likely mixed up and the better looking screenshots are on the XBox 360. Blu-Ray does nothing to enhance HD graphics it stores 6 times s more data on a disc than DVDs. The DVD player in the 360 reads the data at a faster rate than the Blu-Ray player in the PS3.

numonex said:
I do not believe anything that these biased journalists are saying in regards to FFXIII. The screenshot comparison between PS3 and 360 of FFXIII has been exposed as being fake. It is very likely that FFXIII will be equal on both platforms or slightly better on the XBox 360.
I will be buying FFXIII for the XBox 360 and continue supporting Microsoft until the day I die.

The screenshots were most likely mixed up and the better looking screenshots are on the XBox 360. Blu-Ray does nothing to enhance HD graphics it stores 6 times s more data on a disc than DVDs. The DVD player in the 360 reads the data at a faster rate than the Blu-Ray player in the PS3.

y will it be slightly better on 360 when its a port and on 3 discs?

Around the Network
numonex said:

21-gun salute!

rocketpig said:
vlad321 said:
WilliamWatts said:
vlad321 said:
coolbeans said:

How the hell is ME:2 only a little above average? 

Shitty story, pixelated textures, weak mechanics. In short. I can write a whole paper on the problems.

Having finished Mass Effect 2 I have to agree with you on the mechanics, they were pretty weak. I liked the story and characters though but I can see how other people may not have liked them. As for textures well I didn't go in looking for Crysis and it ran extremely well on my system so I wouldn't really fault them, it looks fine if you don't look too closely.

DOn't mistake character development for story. They had amazing char dev in the game. The story is literally, gather a team and kill the aliens. That's really it. THe only development the story had, and I mean the ONLY development, is learning who the Collectors are. I can't even call it a shitty story because there was no story.

As for textures. I didn't think they game looked bad. It definitely looked better than ME1. However I played the game on my PC at full res everything as high as it could go, and talking to people you can still see pixelated lines and textures on their armor. I mean if you spend so much time talking, they should have at least made sure the people were looking sharp above the belt.... Also while Garrus' markings weren't as bad as in ME1, they were still pixelated in this one.

Ah, okay. I see where you're going with this. I can understand your points... the game is far from perfect on a technical level. The thing is that it does so much so well that I'm willing to forgive its technical problems, which are FAR fewer than ME1.

The story isn't shit but it's not brilliant, either. It's pretty standard sci-fi stuff... which I'm okay with considering how much effort is put into allowing the player to choose so many different world outcomes by the time ME3 rolls around. When given that many choices, it's not as if BioWare is going to be able to create the next Battlestar Galactica (an example of very good sci-fi) when players are given the option to do something like surrender to the Cylons 1/3 of the way through the story arc.

This is a different media and cannot be held to the same standards as cinema UNLESS the game is linear, which the Mass Effect series is obviously not. Mass Effect did so many things well and broke down so many game barriers that no other developer has tried that it deserves the marks it is receiving from gamers around the world. The game basically took the WRPG genre, which had been stagnating badly since early last decade, and shook it around. It has life again and new ideas have now been introduced to the genre. That shouldn't be overlooked and by itself, puts the game well above average.

I really enjoyed the game because of what BW did with the choices. Though I wish some choices I made in ME1 had a little more effect (Rachni Queen for example). While I'd give it an a very very solid above average 85, it is solely based on the fact that they explored the video game medium to tell a story. As you said I did not enjoy the technical things, such as mechanics and graphics and actual plot, all that much.

It's interesting because on the flip side of this you have MGS4 which has some pretty damn good mechanics and gameplay, yet an absolutely horrendous story and extremely linear. In that case I thought the game was not worth my time to finish considering I can watch all the Godfather movies (to me the 3rd one didn't exist) in the time that it took me just to get through some of the most godawful story and laughable attempts at directing.

So I agree that BW got the story right, but simply a story does not make a great game. It makes a good one. Just the same way that a game with an absolutely painful and shitty story cannot be saved just by good gameplay. Of course there are exceptions, Serious Sam for instance is simple mechanics + simple story and it's thoroughly awesome.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Anyone call ME2 a little above average game. Is a fool. Point-Blank Pureiod.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

@lyrikalstyles
Yeah because 1 million copies is real pathetic...?

I survived the Apocalyps3

ShadowSoldier said:
Anyone call ME2 a little above average game. Is a fool. Point-Blank Pureiod.

And I think anyone who doesn't think so is an idiot.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835