By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3 boxart says "PAY & PLAY"

Think it would be financial "suicide" by Capcom if it's true, sure some might still buy it but not nearly enough who would if the online was free.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
puffy said:
Also it must be a placeholder because I'm pretty sure they're dropping the '3' in Monster Hunter 3 tri so that newcomers won't feel discouraged or whatever from not having had the first two.

I haven't heard about that.

Fake. Poor photoshop job, at that.

oh, and this isn't even the US boxart. This is the official boxart from Capcom's press website

so this is not even remotely true and hence I'm locking it. I believe the boxart in the OP is from when we first found out it was pay & play, as the logo above is the wrong color too. The pay & play logo is red, the regular wifi logo is blue.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Who know's what it means?