By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - No PS3s at Amazon?

WTF is Sony thinking?  No PS3s in the run-up to Heavy Rain, FF XIII, and GOW III?

Around the Network

The shortage makes sense now that we know that Sony is set to manufacture new PS3 Slims.

Just want to play good games

well the 250gb is still available. when do you think they will start manufacturing?

Just accept that the 250gb is the only one that Sony wants to sell for now

I haven't seen a PS3 at my local Target or Walmarts since right after Christmas. I can't believe that they are running this short on systems. Have they stated what is holding up production?

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
Just accept that the 250gb is the only one that Sony wants to sell for now

that's exactly what it is .They just chose the worst time for this.too many famous games coming out in the next month.

they are producing |PS3 slim with parts from other suppliers in order to reduce the cost and for now they decided to cut the 120 Gb to an extent .btw my local EB games has been out of PS3 slim 120 since 2 weeks ago.

It seems as if the only people that stop sony from making sales is sony

They're quite probably profiting from EU sales with the 120GB but were losing 18 dollars for each one of those in the USA due to the weaker dollar. So it makes sense they're letting the stock dry up before introducing newer Slims with cheaper components that will at last put them at break even or profit point.

I don't see it as a big deal having shortages when Heavy Rain releases, but it will be an enormous chance for great sales wasted if the situation lasts until GoW3 is released or past that point.

i still have my fat PS3 MGS4 edition. And it is awesome. these PS3s were probably the best ones released so try to get this one.

Amazon UK haven't had the 120gb since xmas now. My local ASDA (Wal-Mart UK) have stopped selling 120gb also.