By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever cried (out of sadness) during a video game?

Have you ever cried (out of sadness) during a video game?

Yes 86 48.86%

No 56 31.82%

Listen Nancy, I never cry. Ever. 34 19.32%

Total:176

no i don't honestly remember the last time i cried.i get goosebumps though .YEa i think my emotional mechanism is messed up lol.

Around the Network

SOTC got me close to crying tho

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Well, out of other media Ive come close with this in anime:

Besides in the directors cut the ending credits has the musical peice(eternal) that really touches you.

rocketpig said:
RageBot said:
I never cry.

However, in that sequence in act 5 of MGS4 I was very moved and felt that I was close to.

I never cry in movies (how can you cry about a character that you've "known" for 2 hours?)

I almost cried in one part of HP7 (Dobbie's burial).

I was really sad in Survivor Season 16, episode 6.

And I almost cried in... I think three times during the anime Clannad: After Story.

Harry Potter and Survivor almost made you cry but other movies haven't?

To this day, I still can't watch the "pin scene" from the end of Schindler's List because it bothers me so much.

And you say what you say about survivor without watching the said episode/seasons, if you'll ask in multiple forums you will see that a lot of pepole agree with me.

I didn't watch Schindler's List yet (it's on my "to watch" list, though), and I guess that there are a lot of other sad movies, but I can't see myelf crying in a movie.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

I was emotional maybe a tear or two during MGS3's ending.

Around the Network

lol just a little bit during the second part of the boss battle at the end of Twilight Princess..

FF7, Crisis core, KH.

ICO.

Khuutra said:

I teared up at various points in various games. Not quite like my wife - the ending of ICO devastated her - but I've done it before.

The ending to Mother 3, though? That destroyed me. I haven't cried like that since I was four years old. I've never been affected by any piece of media like I was by that game.

In fairness I was going through some depression at the time, but the fact remains.

"My poor boy.... You must be so tired...."

This is exactly how I felt... I've not cried like that for any reason other than losing someone dear to me, but that game is the one time any medium make me physically feel like I also lost something dear.  I can't even think about it without getting choked up.

I rarely cry, I can count the number of games/books/movies that have envoked such emotions out of me, and I believe games have a long ways to go until they can, but I thank God for Itoi and him being the exception to the rule.

I honestly don't see how anyone could cry at most of Squares stuff though (which I've seen a lot of people claim they have...), epic tales they usually are, but only Kingdom Hearts has that sweet moment that ever attempted to tug at my heart strings.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

The ending of MGS3 had be crying like a baby.

I can't say i ever "cried" playing/watching a video game , but i had "misty" eyes numerous times during the Metal Gear series, especially in some specific scenes of MGS4 and 3.

I cried like a baby however, when i watched the animation Grave of the Fireflies. It was an incredibly emotional experience and the fact that it was inspired by the true story of a brother and sister, was even more heart breaking.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"