By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Developer: DVD is a problem, Blu Ray is better

Ghazi4 said:
go to google.com ----> type in blue waffles ----> then press im feeling lucky and your problems will be solved mate!

I don't know, it certainly didn't solve any problems for me! Thank Jesus I had closed my door >_<

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:
Tallgeese101 said:
forest-spirit said:
jesus kung fu magic said:

Where is the developer?

Finally someone noticed that.

Are you saying Marco is not a developer!  Do you have proof of this?

I did not think of that!!!

I blame Jesus.

My bad....with grammer like marco's its almost impossible for him NOT to be a developer.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Just enjoy and continue the support for the console of your choice. Problem solved.

jesus kung fu magic said:

Where is the developer?

Hahaha exactly what i was thinking.. where the hell did he go? :D

I love both consoles, but from a developer stanpoint, I could see how DVD format is giving them problems. Many games better on PS3 because they have much more space to play with. I have been playing a lot of Mass Effect 2 and its on 2 discs which is not to bad but 3-4 to much in my opinion. On my PS3 I play everything and its all on one disc. I am sure they both have there issued for developers to maximize code, but DVD space is a growing problem, plus the Resoluction Blu ray offers is better also. I think we are a few years away from buying every game on a download, and then this happens these issues will go away.

Around the Network

I own both and its not a big deal from a user point of view to have to use multiple disks, the 360 is workman like and gets the job done

On the other hand I like things that are technologically advanced, and I thats why I love the fact that my PS3 has Blu-Ray, and Wi-Fi and some ridiculous cell processor. I really do appreciate all of the forward thinking that Sony put into my PS3.

Fuck... I'm dead!

Developer: Blu-Ray is a problem, DVD is better.

I agree.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

@Joeorc
That's good to know they've come down in price significantly, but in 2006, it wasn't viable.

@Stika
That's not even relevant to my point. I didn't even mention DVD, I just said that the speed of Br 2x is adequate. The multiple DVD problem argument is just as over exaggerated as the PS3 installs ie It is not even a problem for the majority of gamers.

It is a minor problem that has prooved easy to get around.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.