By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Developer: DVD is a problem, Blu Ray is better

heywoodjablome said:
dvd is a problem for multi-platform games on ps3 and 360 because developers will not utilize all they can out of the ps3's larger storage. so essentially the ps3 is being limited by the 360 in some cases. what sony needs to do more is pay for some extra content when they know the 360 dvd will be full and then they can expand off of the blu ray like they did with the new batman game

however ps3 blu ray exclusives look amazing

The 360 has that problem too. Most developers are too lazy to even use up the 6.8GB available.

Around the Network

The only thing that Blu-ray gives you is the ability to have long high def cut scenes. This is just a very lazy way to lengthen/pad out a game. Seriously look at MGS4 you spend more time watching cut scenes and waiting for the game to load than you do playing it.

blazinhead89 said:
Br 2x is not too slow. Gow3, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space, FF XIII, Uncharted 2, KZ2 all have no install. Developers just need to learn to optimize their code. Sure 4x or even 8x would be nice, but hey, Imagine the price of the drives.

using your logic: DVD is not too small. look at Gears 2, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space, Bioshock 2, Fallout 3. They all come in one disc, sure it would be nice to have a larger disc, but hey, Imagine the price of the drives.

I can't understand why anyone would push for blu ray, the tech is slow and already is too small in storage size. Personally I think the next consoles should be looking at the equivalent of SD cards or USB keys for games. No retarded space limitations like blu ray and DVD and far easier to store and keep safe and depending how they do it they could even take a huge chunk out of piracy at the same time. I really can't imagine blu ray or DVD being on any of the next gen consoles apart from purely a backward compatibility thing.

Sheesh, when people complain about limitations on even the 360, you can tell something is seriously off.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Its a problem that we don't need multiple threads for. Somebody should just make an official thread for this problem and everyone should just discuss it their.

jesus kung fu magic said:

Where is the developer?

Finally someone noticed that.

forest-spirit said:

Where is the developer?

Are you saying Marco is not a developer!  Do you have proof of this?

Tallgeese101 said:
forest-spirit said:

Where is the developer?

Are you saying Marco is not a developer!  Do you have proof of this?

I did not think of that!!!

I blame Jesus.

Ghazi4 said:
go to google.com ----> type in blue waffles ----> then press im feeling lucky and your problems will be solved mate!

You suck. -_______-

You join the likes of a select few that are on my "I hate you list" =p