Do you accept Evolution? Why or Why not

Yes 91 82.73%

No 4 3.64%

No, but accept Microevolution 12 10.91%

Not sure 3 2.73%

Total:110

Nope. It contradicts my belief in God.

Around the Network

I accept science. It's not always perfect, but I can always count on the fact that there are millions of people trying to make it better.

I think if there was a G-d, he would want us to study his creation and learn about it. I don't think G-d would be as anti-science as some of his followers are. Seems weird to me.

Chairman-Mao said:
I somewhat believe in it which is odd I guess, I don't know if you can partly believe in something. I DO NOT believe that humans are the result of evolution. I'll put it that way.

This. I believe in Micro Evolution but i believe humans did not evolve from monkies or anything like that

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I don't believe humans evolved from monkeys either. I can't really tell the difference. I think we just learned how to shave.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I don't believe humans evolved from monkeys either. I can't really tell the difference. I think we just learned how to shave.

you just made my day :)

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network

Does it really matter?
Do we have a choice really?

I mean, honestly, unless I have a everstone, I just rather let my pokemon evolve rather than cancelling it at every level up.

So YES! I have to accept evolution, cos I dont have many everstones, and sometimes its the only way to get the best pokemon or the pokemon you want for that matter!

End of story!

There is no Knowledge that is not Power

NKAJ said:
I was brought up as a catholic and i was always taught to beleive in evoloution ,because adam and eve was just a way of explaining the creation of earth.I do find very sad however that in my class,theres quite a few kids who think that evoloution is "stupid" and "doesnt make sense".Needless to say,all of these kids had religous parents and so were,unfourtunatly, brainwashed at a young age.Thankfully now i am free of the whole "religon" mess and have been converted by Richard Dawkins. :)

Awsome! Although in England most people are brought up as protestants unless you are of Asian or African dissent. Which in its self IMHO is a diluted version of Catholosism.

We all know the overlords created us and tweak our DNA when they need to test a new Anal probe before it goes to market.
In space testing on animals is illegal.
They are light years ahead of us.

RockSmith372 said:
bimmylee said:

Uggghh. The "do you believe in evolution" argument often gets messy and convoluted. So here's what I believe:

Humans have always been a separate, distinct, intellectually-superior species from all other living things. Humans are not a result of another lesser species and never have been. The human that is alive today is virtually the same as the very first human that ever lived.

"But bimmy, don't be an idiot. Don't you believe in any sort of evolution at all?" Of course. However, I believe that whatever aspects of evolution that conflict with the aforementioned position are entirely false. Anything outside of this, however, is secondary, and I am generally open to discussing the possibilities.

And I would LOVE to talk about the abortion issue.

I was actually going to make a thread about the abortion issue. I enjoy hearing people's opinions on these "hot" debates. I don't get exactly what you mean human's that are alive today are the same as the first human that ever lived. Structural wise, most humans are very similar. Approximately 99.9% of the genome in humans are the exact same for everyone so only .1% is unique to you. But that's not point I'm trying to get. The point is that the first true human like us came around 200,000 years ago. Since speciation generally happens when a species is in a bottleneck effect(meaning a point of competition) because variations at points of competition are at the most importance during times when it is difficult to survive. Since humans are generally dominant in the whole planet, major changes are not necessary to fit the environment. In fact, the only major change in different climates is skin tone due to diverse UV exposures. Humans didn't need to change much to survive and that's humans(as in Homo Sapiens Sapiens) have not speciated even though we are located on different parts of the planet. I'm not sure if this answers anything in particular for you, but it should explain why the first humans and the humans today are still very similar.

Yes! This completely parallels what I said before, in fact. Ever since they first existed, humans have always dominated the planet.

"Then God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all creatures that move along the ground.   -Genesis 1:26

"God blessed them and said to them, 'Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."  -Genesis 1:28

Humans were made to be the dominant creatures of the earth from the very beginning. We never developed from inferior creatures. We've always been king around here.

Check out my band, (the) Fracture Suit!!

http://www.myspace.com/fracturesuit

Have you been enslaved?

Quoting from a novel doesn't prove your point