By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you accept Evolution? Why or Why not

Do you accept Evolution? Why or Why not

Yes 91 82.73%

No 4 3.64%

No, but accept Microevolution 12 10.91%

Not sure 3 2.73%

Total:110

A hot debate within the United States. Most other countries such as those in Europe and East Asia accept the Theory of Evolution. I am a citizen of the United States, and I accept the Theory of Evolution because of the overwhelming evidence towards it(speciation, mutations, natural selection, comparative genomes with other species, etc.) What do you think?

Around the Network

I somewhat believe in it which is odd I guess, I don't know if you can partly believe in something. I DO NOT believe that humans are the result of evolution. I'll put it that way.

Well yes, why shouldn't I believe in this theory

I seriously don't understand how there is still a debate about evolution in some places. The evidence is beyond overwhelming.

What gets me is how people debating against it often willfully ignore evidence and purposefully confuse arguments, whilst offering no significant rebuttal supporting alternative hypotheses for the origin of species or offering solid evidence falsifying the theory; yet they claim to have the answer.

Sorry if that offends anyone, but I find it to be the situation.

Oh and yes I do accept evolution .

Chairman-Mao said:
I somewhat believe in it which is odd I guess, I don't know if you can partly believe in something. I DO NOT believe that humans are the result of evolution. I'll put it that way.

alot of creationists believe in microevolution(which is change in a species), but not macroevolution(which is basicaly speciation) because it would contridict their beliefs that God made the universe in 6 days. The problem with this is that we see speciation happen all the time through bacterias, birds, reptiles, mammals, etc. All them have been observed in speciation. Rejection of evolution is usually for the sole purpose of religious issues. However, I know many Christians who accept evolution entirely.

Around the Network
RockSmith372 said:
Chairman-Mao said:

alot of creationists believe in microevolution(which is change in a species), but not macroevolution(which is basicaly speciation) because it would contridict their beliefs that God made the universe in 6 days. The problem with this is that we see speciation happen all the time through bacterias, birds, reptiles, mammals, etc. All them have been observed in speciation. Rejection of evolution is usually for the sole purpose of religious issues. However, I know many Christians who accept evolution entirely.

Based on your definition I would say I believe in microevolution then.

And you're right, my lack of belief in macroevolution would come down to my religious beliefs. Its hard these days to stand up and say you believe in creation because people would ridicule you, but I'm doing my best to stand my ground!

This debate again, eh? Abortion, religion, and evolution. The reliable trio. Back on topic:

I believe in evolution. The reason? Pokemon.

Y E S !

For those who are finding it hard to comprehend the transformation from Ape to human.

The appendix in the humman is an irellavent organ, in an Ape it is used helping break down leaves and vegitation.

The bone on the lower back upper bum, is a "broken bone" and is only a tiny stump. In the exact same spot on an Ape it is where the tale is located.

We share 99% of the same DNA with the common Ape.

There are a million more reasons, the evidence is overwhelming.

d21lewis said:
This debate again, eh? Abortion, religion, and evolution. The reliable trio. Back on topic:

I believe in evolution. The reason? Pokemon.

My parents hate Pokemon because it used the word evolved.