By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Longest Time You Spent Playing a Demo

Akvod said:
oldschoolfool said:
I'll just play the demo once to see if I like it and usually just wait for the full game to come out.

But you've never played a demo that's so fun that you want to play it over and over again?

And wouldn't you agree that if a demo can make suck up so much of your time, the full game probably is worth a buy?

No,I'd rather just wait and play the full game over and over again. that's just me though.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
Akvod said:
oldschoolfool said:
I'll just play the demo once to see if I like it and usually just wait for the full game to come out.

But you've never played a demo that's so fun that you want to play it over and over again?

And wouldn't you agree that if a demo can make suck up so much of your time, the full game probably is worth a buy?

No,I'd rather just wait and play the full game over and over again. that's just me though.

I'm a bit confused at why you abstain from replaying a demo, but OK.

To be honest, I think it's actually a bad idea not to replay demos. Killzone 2 just felt like a very alien world and strange with its controls and feels. If I didn't play it over and over again, I wouldn't have bought it. And there are times when a demo might feel really cool at first, but you have second thoughts after a few repeats.

A year or something with the Tekken 3 demo.... and when I got the game... HOLY SHIT DUDE.

Diablo 2 demo long ago. That game was so damn addicting that I just had to buy the full game ... months later. I played this demo for months haha.

on my netbook I have demo Halo that I somehow acquired. I usually have a go on that if I need a break from work and I'm in a coffee shop or something.

Around the Network

I don't really play demos that much. Ever since I played the Final Fantasy VIII demo on the PS1, they began to feel like a waste of time. I would play a demo for hours, a few times through, and then when I got the real game, I'd think "Damn. I've already played this part to death and I couldn't even save my data."

My most played demo would have to be Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PS2.

The last demo that I really played intensely would have to be Batman: Arkham Asylum on the PS3 and 360. I even played them side by side, flipping back and forth on the same television to see which one I liked the most.

I normally know if I'm going to buy a game well before there's a demo. If anything, a demo will turn me off to a game (Bayonetta) that I intended to buy because it throws too much information at you, too quickly. I prefer to download gameplay videos.