By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Galaxy review: 2 out of 5

Haven't you guys heard of Truth Media? It's the same concept in that they give screwy reviews for the sake of comedy. Wasn't the U R MR GAY highlights enough of an indication? O_o

Around the Network

hey i am going to start a site and give halo 3 0/2 and resistance 1/7 man this reviewing thing is easy lets give..Chicken sHoot 23/6 ---geeze i could so this all day

What?

gamerankings doesn't have this site in their list of official sites.. so no worries guys

Wow. An awful news site releases an equally awful review of an amazing game to garner publicity. My commendations to whoever run the site for thinking up a completely original strategy. /sarcasm

Seriously though, that's all it is. Nobody takes these podunk sites seriously. Just don't give them the attention that they don't deserve.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network
ArtofAngels said:
What?

see its easy to get attention when you just say stupid stuff and make an ass of your self---b/c thats all this guy was gong for---i just hope no one take his s%%^# seriously

Don't reviews like this typically end in "This can't compete with high end games on the PS3, like Ratchet and Clank, currently available on the BD playing $399 PS3 which is an incredible value. Mario is dull and lifeless but ratchet and clank brings you into the next generation"

Unfortunately this one counts (at least for Metacritic):
http://www.gamealmighty.com/game-review/review/Super_Mario_Galaxy_review/

What attention whores. I mean 8.7, the same as Mercury Meltdown, which I love, but still. And they had the nerve to give Zelda 7.2, and Ratatouille 7.3. Can it get any more obvious?

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
KruzeS said:
Unfortunately this one counts (at least for Metacritic):
http://www.gamealmighty.com/game-review/review/Super_Mario_Galaxy_review/

What attention whores. I mean 8.7, the same as Mercury Meltdown, which I love, but still. And they had the nerve to give Zelda 7.2, and Ratatouille 7.3. Can it get any more obvious?

This is why I stick to the "mainstream" review sites: Gamespot, IGN, 1UP. People may complain about them, but they're up there for a good reason, and at least they don't rate AAA games lower than kiddie shovelware.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Obviously an unprofessional fanboy site like this is not going to make it into the rankings.... a silly question really.