By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the most "mature" Nintendo-developed game?

Isn't Disaster: Day of Crisis being developed in-house by Nintendo? If so, I think that would probably be the first M-rated in-house Nintendo game.

Either way, I'm divided on whether I want to see more "mature" games by Nintendo. On one hand, they're one of the few development houses out there who still makes light-hearted games that can be enjoyed by all ages. On the other, I'd really like to see perhaps the most consistently quality development house out there try their hand at an M-rated game or two.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Around the Network

Wasn't Sin and Punishment a very violent Nintendo developed game?

It is my understanding that we're talking about being violent and not actually mature, right?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I want a damned Eternal Darkness sequel lol, somehow they just need to get Silicon to come back and work on it.

Sin and Punishment = Treasure

Also, no guns, no blood, no muscular men, no foxy women = not mature game.

So, no Nintendo mature game.

Smash Bros! It teached kids that fighting your friends was really fun!

Around the Network

Had the original poster not restricted the purview of the inquiry. I would have cited Conkers Bad Fur Day. Nintendo did distribute that title for Rare. Even though they did develop and produce the game. I believe that Nintendo did hold a stake in the company at the time.

I also believe that game received the black box treatment, and was advertised in such publications as Playboy. Not surprising since the game included such wonderful terms as, and forgive me this is recitation. Terms like shit, ass, twat, and the ever popular fellatio. The multiplayer version on Xbox contained such treats as motherfucker, fuck, shit, cunt, bitch, asshole, and cocksucker. Seriously the original and the remake are utterly profane. By the time it was released on Xbox. Walmart wouldn't even sell the title.

You know I really need to pick the Xbox game up. I doubt I will ever find the 64 cart.

Dodece said:
Had the original poster not restricted the purview of the inquiry. I would have cited Conkers Bad Fur Day. Nintendo did distribute that title for Rare. Even though they did develop and produce the game. I believe that Nintendo did hold a stake in the company at the time.

I also believe that game received the black box treatment, and was advertised in such publications as Playboy. Not surprising since the game included such wonderful terms as, and forgive me this is recitation. Terms like shit, ass, twat, and the ever popular fellatio. The multiplayer version on Xbox contained such treats as motherfucker, fuck, shit, cunt, bitch, asshole, and cocksucker. Seriously the original and the remake are utterly profane. By the time it was released on Xbox. Walmart wouldn't even sell the title.

You know I really need to pick the Xbox game up. I doubt I will ever find the 64 cart.

Perfect Dark came out before Conker.  Though Conkers Bad Fur Day does have the distinction of being one of the foulest games of all time.  Also, interestingly, the Xbox remake was LESS profane than the Nintendo version.  Go figure.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Wii Sports, heavily popular with the elderly

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Ahhh Soriku, you youngin', I remember when that review came out :).

@Rol - pretty sure it was T rated.