By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valve sure it will develop for PS3 in the future?

http://www.destructoid.com/valve-sure-it-ll-develop-for-ps3-in-the-future-164300.phtml

Valve is pretty high up on the hit lists of PS3 fanboys, due in no small part to the studio's refusal to develop PS3 games. The company has refuted the idea time and time again, but today has come a step closer to admitting that Valve may eventually bring its titles to PS3. In fact, Chet Faliszek is sure it'll happen.

"Before we do anything on the PS3 we need to be able to support it in the right way," explains the Left 4 Dead writer. "But we’ll look at it, and I’m sure down the road we’ll do it."

Valve has often said that it hasn't developed for PS3 because it doesn't want to offer an inferior product like the shoddy Orange Box port, but this is the closest the studio has come to saying that it will seriously look into supporting the system. I'd say PS3 owners have gone on long enough without a chance to enjoy Left 4 Dead, so hopefully Valve will work it out sooner rather than later.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

just to be real... I really think those PS3 fanboys shouldjust get over it. A Third Party developer (should) has the right to choose whatever platform they want whenever they want and the only Xxception is when there tied by contract. If you want to play a Valve game get a XBOX or a PC because you choose the wrong console.

Well, Valve cant ignore PS3's user base forever.

L4D2 sold how much? Well, they could have easily sold 50+% more with a simple PS3 port. They know that and they like money.

I hope they continue to ignore the PS3 userbase forever. It would be in everyones best interest for them to start using some of the amazing DX10+ technologies out there because they level the playing field between high and lower end PCs.

Xxain said:
just to be real... I really think those PS3 fanboys shouldjust get over it. A Third Party developer (should) has the right to choose whatever platform they want whenever they want and the only Xxception is when there tied by contract. If you want to play a Valve game get a XBOX or a PC because you choose the wrong console.

Thank you.

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Around the Network

Just to be clear: the majority of rational PS3 fans have nothing against Valve choosing not to develop for PS3. It's their choice. What I (and most others) objected to was the dismissiveness with which they cast aside the PS3 as an unworthy system. I think the words Chet is choosing to use now when talking about the PS3 are much more professional and reasonable. I much prefer to respect the integrity of a developer who says "we don't have the technical expertise to achieve the sort of quality product we demand of ourselves to commit to developing for PS3" than to have to swallow insults like "PS3 is too hard to develop for, so why would we bother?"

Glad to see Chet has changed his tune, regardless of whether Valve ever directly develops for PS3.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

valve is just scared to develope for the ps3... i mean their source engine is a pos now and compared to what others (mostly sony first party comapnies) are doing it'll make valve games look like straight dog poo. i know it isnt all about the graphics but it plays a BIG part in game now adays

They should make a new multiplatform engine to replace their current one which is starting to show weakness in certain areas.

WilliamWatts said:
I hope they continue to ignore the PS3 userbase forever. It would be in everyones best interest for them to start using some of the amazing DX10+ technologies out there because they level the playing field between high and lower end PCs.

This.

People who buy consoles to play Valve games are funny.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

Valve hates the idea having to program for (what they call) exotic architecture.

Which is unfortunate.

I can't imagine how effin sick a Valve developed PS3 exclusive would be.

Oh well.

Next gen.

Fuck... I'm dead!