By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Uncharted 2 "Sold" over 3,5 Million copies worldwide

DaBuddahN said:
But, back on topic... 900k on shelves, is this number funny?

Yes sir, almost 1 million is insane. You really only need a couple weeks worth on the shelves. Retailers wont keep reordering if they aren't selling. I'd expect about 150k - 200k at maximum if it's only selling 25k weekly.

Around the Network

^
Yea and almost all retailers are still charging 60$/60€ for it so the ordered copies have to be selling well

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

It's great to hear that it sold (shipped) that much. Naughty Dog must be really happy. Uncharted 2 really deserved those sales and I guess it has a shot of making it to 4 million or to some extent 5 million.
This is also a dagger for the haters and doubters.

PS: Be careful you guys on questioning the numbers. Don't get overboard. Don't want to see you get banned for that.

no way...900k!
lets be honest...we know its shipped and we know who's wrong! but i cant say as last time i did i got banned!

^^

If I knew how to add gif's the joker eating popcorn one would be perfect for this

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

thats great, hopefully sony can push through 4 million copies..

they WILL eventually be purchased

mM

A few weeks back they mentioned that it was nearing the 3 million mark (which I assume references estimated sell through to consumers, while these new figures are shipment figures), and that it had already outsold the first Uncharted.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/02/thank-you-for-a-great-2009/

Old figures:

Games like UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves are surpassing our lofty expectations as it outsold the franchise’s first PS3 game and is now closing in on three million copies sold worldwide.

New figures:

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves has also garnered more than 150 other industry awards, has over 1.5 million online users worldwide, and has surpassed 3.5 million copies sold worldwide – the fastest selling first-party title for PlayStation.

Of course, the blog post containing the older figures centers around 2009, so those may have been shipment figures as of the end of the year or something.  I'm more inclinced to think they were estimated figures for sales directly to consumers.

Quite possible a typo ? 2.5, 3.5...you know...Tretton said it was approaching 3 million a few days back..

@MM
Maybe Tretton only had old figures (as of december 31st) and this are new?
@GoW3ever
I dont think Uncharted 1 only sold under 2,5 million because sony announced way back at e3 2009 that it passed 2,6 milion so your theory isnt right.

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

i play online ocasionaly when i get tired of fps.