By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Uncharted 2 "Sold" over 3,5 Million copies worldwide

why do people trust vgchartz number so much?
I seen many games that sold 0 copies in PAL territories witch is ridiculous

Around the Network

the game is great, i bought it 3 dats gao and it's a great game, but it shares so many things with U1 which made it feel like more of the same but it is a very good more of the same game, wel deserved sales.

lolage said:
why do people trust vgchartz number so much?
I seen many games that sold 0 copies in PAL territories witch is ridiculous

Well, VGChartz didn't start tracking PAL territories until 2007 so...

High shipped numbers, could it be somewhat undertr... *ban hammer*

Truth is vg is to quick to adjust down PS3 games on wii/360 supporter cries for it. Yet when the truth comes out they maintain false numbers to save face. People aren't that stupid, we can see what is happening.

Around the Network

Well I believe that the real figure is somewhere between those 3.5 and 2.6, 900k is a bit too much for shelf space if you ask me, also this game isn't exactly new release to justify that ammount. I've got banned last week for stating my opinion, that the UC2 numbers are off. If they'll get adjusted I'd like to recieve an apology from Mr. Ban hammer, because this is getting ridiculous.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

letsdance said:
DaBuddahN said:
But, back on topic... 900k on shelves, is this number funny?

Yes sir, almost 1 million is insane. You really only need a couple weeks worth on the shelves. Retailers wont keep reordering if they aren't selling. I'd expect about 150k - 200k at maximum if it's only selling 25k weekly.

They are probably bundled with those 3 milions of PS3 on the shelves

And if there were milion on shelves then the price would drop much more than it did so far.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Well this is certainly odd. It's probably undertracked, but I'll wait and what ioi has to say before I'm asuming anything.

This is going to be interesting...

Hard to imagine they'd announce surpassed 3.5 million unless it turns out to be a type (seems unlikely) or they're sure they've sold (shipped, sorry) 3.5 to retailers.

So... it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

ioi: "oh look, sony sold close to 3 million copies of uncharted 2, i assume 200k copies on shelves are not realistic"
the source: "yeah, lets adjust it down to 2,6 million!"
ioi: "k, lets do that"
*1weeklater*
some random vgc user: "hmm, sony said over 3,5 million copies shipped, 900k copies on shelves cant be right"
ioi: "our numbers are withing the margin of error..."
some random vgc mod: "sony is lying! go find another site that does sales tracking! they probably overshipped a bit! 900k copies on shelves isnt unrealistic! vgchartz cant always be accurate"
same vgc user: "but why did they (vgc) adjust it down to 2,6 million when sony released older figures and why doesnt vgc admit that they are wrong and just correct the numbers?"
ioi: "ummmm..... NO MORE SHIPPED VS. SOLD THREADS!"
vgc mod: *BANHAMMER*!

end of story

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY