By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unluckiest PS3 Owner?

Tallgeese101 said:
Did you get new PS3s as a replacement or just the old one repaired? Repairing electronics is almost always a patching up job and the real problem will occur again.

Well that's the thing.  Sony gives you a replacement but it's not a new console.  Now, one school of thought is you're getting a refurbished PS3 that's been really carefully checked so should be as good as new, and sometimes that's probably the case, another school of thought is you're getting a refurbished PS3 with some spanking new parts but some potentially worn parts.

I'm guessing that I've been a little unlucky and an on treadmill consisting of the latter.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Tallgeese101 said:
Did you get new PS3s as a replacement or just the old one repaired? Repairing electronics is almost always a patching up job and the real problem will occur again.

Well that's the thing.  Sony gives you a replacement but it's not a new console.  Now, one school of thought is you're getting a refurbished PS3 that's been really carefully checked so should be as good as new, and sometimes that's probably the case, another school of thought is you're getting a refurbished PS3 with some spanking new parts but some potentially worn parts.

I'm guessing that I've been a little unlucky and an on treadmill consisting of the latter.

Double post! first time too.

@Reasonable sorry to hear about ur PS3 ;(, If I were you I'd probably be hammering my PS3 right now in anger, like you I take extra good care of my working electronics and rarely have electronics problems, but when one of them fails constantly I go crazy.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

According to a couple of developers I've heard speak out about the issue most/all early PS3s are pretty doomed to failure so if you've got a 60GB I suggest you get rid of it and get a slim model instead.

Around the Network

I must be lucky. Got my 60 gig PS3 in Sept 2007 and still works like new. I vaccum it sometimes. I think that helps.

I've had my 60gb ps3 for 21/2 yrs.

oldschoolfool said:

I read that as 21.2 years lol.

Snesboy said:
oldschoolfool said:

I read that as 21.2 years lol.

Thats 10.5yrs. LOL Didnt know they were available in the 90's

Snesboy said:
oldschoolfool said: