By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unluckiest PS3 Owner?

Reasonable, you are an awesome member and everything... but please, stop raping your PS3's >_

Around the Network
WilliamWatts said:
According to a couple of developers I've heard speak out about the issue most/all early PS3s are pretty doomed to failure so if you've got a 60GB I suggest you get rid of it and get a slim model instead.

I think that's basically my problem.  However, I'm kind of locked in now.  I have a refurbished 60GB which fails after a while and get's replaced by another refuribished 60GB, which itself probably has a decent chance of failure as some of its components could be 3 years plus old.

But, I'm paying £5 a month for the privilage of changing it whenever it fails, which works out pretty cheap over time.  So I guess I either need to accept that being locked into getting refurbished launch models is going to entail ongoing swaps, or quite the insurance and simply get a new one - and loose the BC capability.

Anyway, new one arranged and will swap soon.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

DaBuddahN said:
Reasonable, you are an awesome member and everything... but please, stop raping your PS3's >_<;

I had consent I tell you!

Reasonable said:
WilliamWatts said:
According to a couple of developers I've heard speak out about the issue most/all early PS3s are pretty doomed to failure so if you've got a 60GB I suggest you get rid of it and get a slim model instead.

I think that's basically my problem.  However, I'm kind of locked in now.  I have a refurbished 60GB which fails after a while and get's replaced by another refuribished 60GB, which itself probably has a decent chance of failure as some of its components could be 3 years plus old.

But, I'm paying £5 a month for the privilage of changing it whenever it fails, which works out pretty cheap over time.  So I guess I either need to accept that being locked into getting refurbished launch models is going to entail ongoing swaps, or quite the insurance and simply get a new one - and loose the BC capability.

That means you're not really a statistical anomoly. A lot of developers reported that every single 60GB dev kit died within a couple of years of hard use. Its quite ironic that such information is coming out now because a lot of people (including myself) bought an equally doomed console because the other one was so overt about dying.

Btw you're paying more than Xbox Live ZOMG!!!

Should have bought a more reliable console.

Another victory for the brotherhood of the Zeebo

Around the Network
WilliamWatts said:
Reasonable said:
WilliamWatts said:

That means you're not really a statistical anomoly. A lot of developers reported that every single 60GB dev kit died within a couple of years of hard use. Its quite ironic that such information is coming out now because a lot of people (including myself) bought an equally doomed console because the other one was so overt about dying.

Btw you're paying more than Xbox Live ZOMG!!!

Yeah, but technically I'm getting the same online access and unlimited warranty for roughly the same, so I figure I'm actually still ahead. 

I had the same problem, blue ray not working, but dvd and cd all working properly. I just cleaned up my ps3, and it's like new. Try opening it up and clean the lens. It worked for me.

The Blu-Ray lens is pretty close to the disc. It can get dirty quite easily, make sure you put clean discs in your PS3, tells kids to wash their hands and not touch the side that is being read.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Damn,that's hard to...believe