By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Improvements needed for halo reach!

Fumanchu said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Fumanchu said:
The inability for 5 5-star generals to party up in matchmaking and kick my ass.

I'm sorry its just so much fun, I can't help it :(

@Pyramid Head

I am so happy you have nothing to do with the development of Halo. You would take everything that makes Halo good and unique and turn it into every other mindless "modern warfare" shooter.

Don't you guys crave competition though? I would think it would be boring for you and frustrating for me when the scoreline is 50-18.  It's almost like unless I can party up with a couple generals that it's not worth playing. 

oh I don't do it all the time. Usually I'm in either in team snipers, MLG or team slayer and I'm a very high level in all of those. But sometimes just to let off steam I do jump into social slayer or multi-team and sometimes even social big team. Even then we usually run into some high level players and get some competition but every once in a while we do run into a novice team and its not pretty.

I'm not sure how you could avoid that though because even if Bungie makes a beginners only playlist you know every single experienced player is going to go in just to mess around. 

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Fumanchu said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Fumanchu said:

@Pyramid Head

I am so happy you have nothing to do with the development of Halo. You would take everything that makes Halo good and unique and turn it into every other mindless "modern warfare" shooter.

Don't you guys crave competition though? I would think it would be boring for you and frustrating for me when the scoreline is 50-18.  It's almost like unless I can party up with a couple generals that it's not worth playing. 

Thats what ranked slayer is for. If you are that good and your rank shows it, you will play against similarly skilled people. It works pretty well...I'd say 70% of the time. lots of new repeat accounts being created all the time which ruins matchmaking but that can't be fixed...

Yeah but the problem with ranked is that you can't use guest accounts - I rarely play Halo without a roomate or friend, and this is the only game that they're interested in so they won't pay the LIVE fee to start up a new account.  Oh well I guess I'll just have to lube up and prepare for the forthcoming rapefests.

Well looks like the graphics engine is re-done (obviously) more characters on maps, and weapons look a lot better.

I'd like to see.

- A sprint button, or slightly faster movement. The whole halo experience is a bit slow, though I can understand since your a guy in two ton armor your not exactly supposed to fly.

- Larger more giant sized maps and 64 players. At the very least let us get 32 since 32+ AI can be on screen at once, correct?

- More weapons. Halo has great weapons but I'd still like to see more.

- Kill streak Perks - How about a bunch of suicide grunts running after everybody? Maybe the sentinels start appearing and lazer beaming everyone. We don't need a nuke or anything but just some amusing kill streak perks for those that do really well.

- More vehicles. I think I saw a jeep like vehichle in that developer video.

- More maps. Start us off with a absurd amount like 32 so we'll never get bored.

- Deeper Forge. How about something like the FarCry 2 map editor where you can literally make any map.

- Lengthy Single Player Campaign with a great story.

If they did all these things It would be my favorite FPS ever. Modern Warfare 2 is horrible unbalanced but really damn fun and the reason I put 5+ days worth Multiplayer in it, and I hope to do the same Reach.

It's just that simple.

Fumanchu said:
disolitude said:
Fumanchu said:

Thats what ranked slayer is for. If you are that good and your rank shows it, you will play against similarly skilled people. It works pretty well...I'd say 70% of the time. lots of new repeat accounts being created all the time which ruins matchmaking but that can't be fixed...

Yeah but the problem with ranked is that you can't use guest accounts - I rarely play Halo without a roomate or friend, and this is the only game that they're interested in so they won't pay the LIVE fee to start up a new account.  Oh well I guess I'll just have to lube up and prepare for the forthcoming rapefests.

I think the only feasible solution would be to match parties with guests with other parties with guests so that you don't get the skewed match-ups your talking about. The problem then is that it may take you longer to find a match. Have you tried playing larger playlists like social big team?That way two or three good players have less of an impact on the game. You could also try the more eccentric playlists like action-sack. I can almost guarantee you that you won't find any high levels in there, especially since the playlist doesn't even offer any exp. 

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Fumanchu said:
disolitude said:
Fumanchu said:
Mendicate Bias said:
Fumanchu said:

@Pyramid Head

hah, yeah thats a pickle. Do what I do and try to help the other team...shoot and kill your buddy when the lead gets more than 10 :)

Around the Network

keep it simple like the original. the first halo will always be the best one because you started every match with the pistol the gun that gave everyone who played the game a fighting chance from the moment you spawned. true it was too good but like i just said everyone had one so it didnt matter. halo2 and 3 were a lot of fun but there were too many weapons and items. use halo 1 weapons and vehicles. add the halo2 sword. halo3 items but only bubble shield, radar jammer and power generator none of that other nonsense like the pointless grav lift

I wanna see the Bull shit sniper bullet glitch fixed. That shit happens way too much. U shoot them in the head or body or something and sometimes it decides it doesnt want to do any damage. its a bunch of shit cause u see blood and stuff come out. It pisses me off to no end

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

No kill streak perks. Kills MP balance.

I want more bubble shields!!! That way I can bait newbs to run in so I nade them and get a easy pick off with a BR.

But really, I want them to not change the BR at all. It is easily my most favorite weapon out of any game ever.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

it don matter

my signature went on strike, it's demanding 3% raise