By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo responds to DS redesign rumor

cool48 said:
Not another remake... new cases, new batteries, no more accessories for older versions = not a good idea

Except Nintendo generally supports the old versions as well.

@KruzeS: I didn't know they made such a device. 

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Since someone else started the rumor, I don't mind so much saying this now. They aren't updating, they are making a completely new one. It's been around for a while and there are even games far in development for it.

Also, this happens to be one of the two reasons that I think there is going to be a Halo DS (though I don't think Master Chief will be in Brawl anymore).

Any specifics? How much upgraded performance, resolutions, input etc?

I thought the GBA Micro didn't support GBC games....also did the GBA ever support original GB games?...i thought it was just GBC.

basically to be able to play all and any nintendo handheld games all you need is a GBC (to play GB/GBC games) and a DS (for DS/GBA games)
And now you can get a Wii which plays all Wii and GC games, and an excellent selection of NES/SNES games (and an ok so far selection of N64...i dont mean OK standard of N64 games by the way, i mean the selection is OK)

TWRoO said:

I thought the GBA Micro didn't support GBC games....also did the GBA ever support original GB games?...i thought it was just GBC.

basically to be able to play all and any nintendo handheld games all you need is a GBC (to play GB/GBC games) and a DS (for DS/GBA games)
And now you can get a Wii which plays all Wii and GC games, and an excellent selection of NES/SNES games (and an ok so far selection of N64...i dont mean OK standard of N64 games by the way, i mean the selection is OK)

Yes, GBA has always supported original GB games. 

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)
Soriku said:
^ Tell that to the PS3.

PS3? Or do you mean ps2.

mM