By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXIII Slightly Worse on Xbox 360

Final retail code has just arrived in the building for the Xbox 'cut' of Final Fantasy XIII and as many suspected, it is exactly that. A cut.

Having just finished the game in just under sixty hours on PS3 puts us in prime position to note the differences in visual quality.

“Sacrifices have clearly been made”

So far we have noted:

- While facial detail appears largely unchanged, the characters' clothes appear at first glance to be lacking finer details, with notably lower resolution textures.

- Incidental environmental objects and enemies appear less detailed, both in texture and geometry.

- The game's CG is extremely compressed and pales alongside the stunning HD goodness which blu-ray offers.

Knowing that this is likely to stir controversy, we'd like to make it clear that NowGamer is a multi-format publication, with no leanings either way toward a particular console. These are just the observations fo a few journalists who have experience the game on PS3. It would appear Square Enix has had to make some sacrifices to cram the game onto three discs after all, particularly when it comes to CG quality.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2526/ffxiii-significantly-poorer-on-xbox

Around the Network

this explains microsoft recent push on marketing and bundle recently
people are now going ps3 full way, especially since it's the better version.

I wonder if reviewers will score them differently now.

Xoj said:

I don't think the two are connected.  Methinks it's getting a large marketing budget and bundles because it's one of this year's, and for some people this gen's, most anticipated games.

Mr. sickVisionz said:
Xoj said:

I don't think the two are connected.  Methinks it's getting a large marketing budget and bundles because it's one of this year's, and for some people this gen's, most anticipated games.

which already have a ps3, sounds like trying to lure in people who haven't bought a console yet, and probably would like to get the best version.

Around the Network

No wonder SE preferred to doctor the PS3 shots rather than releasing 360 ones then.

However, that's the usual case with ports... with some exceptions.

The formulation of the OP makes it sound like the game isn't that good to begin with (on PS3)...

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

I've changed my mind, I'm getting this on 360 now. Just due to Acheivements and Xoj.

Well this was expected, and it doesn't sound all that bad. It definately doesn't sound like the 360 version is going to be a PPP.

Only 21 days left baby!

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."