By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Microsoft Desperately Marketing FFXIII Sony Playing Their Cards Right.

How is MS desperate?? Getting a game that was a PS exclusive and now they are advertising it. It paid off for GTA4, Assassins creed and will pay off for FF13. I bet this advertisement will help the 360 version sell more copies but not overall. MS is taking baby steps to weaken the SONY brand and its working.

Around the Network
Grahamhsu said:

Star Trekkies unite, and speak as one!!

Trekkies unite alright!

Tease.

Everyone knows that Final Fantasy games have always and will always be on Nintendo systems, and games on other systems like this 'Final Fantasy 7' (LOL, where did they even get that number from?) will be a flop.

(/sarcasm)

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

It seems like this article is ignoring the obvious fact that MS is trying to appeal to JRPG fans. The sales haven't been that bad either, so it must be working as some level.

Sony releases a ton of shooters trying to appeal to shooting fans, but that's obviously a genre the 360 dominates.

You could argue both ways, but clearly whoever wrote this is a PS3 fan.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
It seems like this article is ignoring the obvious fact that MS is trying to appeal to JRPG fans. The sales haven't been that bad either, so it must be working as some level.

Sony releases a ton of shooters trying to appeal to shooting fans, but that's obviously a genre the 360 dominates.

You could argue both ways, but clearly whoever wrote this is a PS3 fan.

Nope. The person who wrote this hates the PS3. All hes doing is trying to make the PS3 and the real fans look bad. My guess is that its a Microsoft shill.

Tease.

Around the Network

Hahaha!I don't wanna sound sarcastic but threads like this one make me think just one thing..You guys must be really pissed off about Microsoft invading Sony's territory and taking away PS's important exclusives..

While I think the 360's current position is more about Sony screwing up than MS doing a great job, I think buying exclusivity / timed exclusivity / getting last gen exclusives to go multiplat has helped them somewhat. If they are playing a long multi-generation game then you can't judge whether their strategy has worked by narrowly calculating the income vs. expenditure for each game during this generation. If the Xbox brand ends up being number 1 in 2 or 3 generation's time (I don't see it happening next gen, but you never know, it's Ninty's generation to lose at this point) then that success will be directly traceable back to what happened this generation. Then all who claimed moneyhatting was a waste will be chowing down on some major crow.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

DirtyP2002 said:

These bitter fanboy tears just proves MS right.

Let's watch it again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WZiOS5DMMc

Are you intentionally trying to troll? Or...?

As much as I hate MS they are very smart. Buying timed exclusives and exclusive DLC makes purchases for those games the obvious choice on 360. By the time it comes to Ps3, it's not as popular anymore and MS can move on to other things. MS is showing people Playstation isn't the top brand anymore for exclusives and it's working imo.

binary solo said:
While I think the 360's current position is more about Sony screwing up than MS doing a great job, I think buying exclusivity / timed exclusivity / getting last gen exclusives to go multiplat has helped them somewhat. If they are playing a long multi-generation game then you can't judge whether their strategy has worked by narrowly calculating the income vs. expenditure for each game during this generation. If the Xbox brand ends up being number 1 in 2 or 3 generation's time (I don't see it happening next gen, but you never know, it's Ninty's generation to lose at this point) then that success will be directly traceable back to what happened this generation. Then all who claimed moneyhatting was a waste will be chowing down on some major crow.

I think the position of all consoles is due to how Atari screwed up personally. You gotta take this one right back to its source.

Tease.