By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Uncharted 2 at 2.63 million after this week's numbers, was pachter right?

Uncharted 2 at 2.63 million after this week's numbers, was pachter right?

Yes 10 31.25%

No 22 68.75%

Total:32

Pachter got flamed when he said uncharted 2 was not selling up to expectations... is he right? I thought it sold really well up until now where i see this game being adjusted down left and right, i have a feeling it'll stay around 2.6 mill even with the next few weeks data. 

Around the Network

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1068958p1.html

Jack Tretton said: "Games like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves are surpassing our lofty expectations as it outsold the franchise's first PS3 game and is now closing in on three million copies sold worldwide"

Considering Sony said it highly exceeded expectations, Im not sure whose expectations it failed other than pachters, we all knew it wouldnt sell like halo, whoever did must not follow the industry much. Although the gap between the 360 and ps3 isnt that large, Im guessing that far more blu-ray only consumers own a ps3 than dvd-only 360 consumers. And although Sony's marketing campaigns have been given a significant boost, its still not on the level of microsoft. Microsoft knows how to push their products.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Boutros said:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1068958p1.html

Jack Tretton said: "Games like Uncharted 2: Among Thieves are surpassing our lofty expectations as it outsold the franchise's first PS3 game and is now closing in on three million copies sold worldwide"

first ones at 2.88 mill :/ even that got adjusted down i dono wut to trust anymore lol and sony has low expectations that's y they don't sell like 360 exclusives

uncharted sales suffer the same as ps3 sales, being in a paradox of known unknowns and unknown unknowns, allowing for them to sell positive and end up negative

Around the Network

I would say the 2.88 is a matter of bundles not being counted by NPD. I don't know if Chart Track or GFK count them, but that could also contribute to it. I could definitely believe around 300k+ being bundles for the first one though.

Oh, and how on earth is 3 million+ ever a disappointment? What kind of unrealistic expectations did you have about this series?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Pachter got flamed for saying that? I though it was obvious that U2 wasn't selling as much as it should be, being such an amazing game and winning multiple GOTY.

IMO sales are fantastic and it will continue to grow Cant wait to see the numbers the third one will do

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

People on this site were saying it would be lucky to hit 1M by the end of the year.

These sales are excellent.

4 ≈ One

Gnizmo said:
I would say the 2.88 is a matter of bundles not being counted by NPD. I don't know if Chart Track or GFK count them, but that could also contribute to it. I could definitely believe around 300k+ being bundles for the first one though.

Oh, and how on earth is 3 million+ ever a disappointment? What kind of unrealistic expectations did you have about this series?

It looks so good it must have cost 80 million dollars hence anything less than 10 million sales will mean no profit

Patcher might have ben right to a degree but even a broken clocks right twice a day!