By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Official Halo: Reach Thread

JaggedSac said:
@Carl

Any copy of ODST will work. There is no code involved. A new menu item will pop up when the beta is available. Just like Crackdown and Halo 3 beta.

@Alkamist

I stole those from some site :)

Thanks for the explanation for Carl's question, i was wondering about that also. LOL @ the screenshots, thanks for the post with them.

@ CommonMan

Oh man i love those from the grave kills, it's like saying, "HA! Your going down with me you bastard" lol

As for the lone wolves, almost the same thing happened to me, but i ended up winning by 1 kill, because i got cocky, and then started really messing up towards the end, lol.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

Around the Network

Halo has a way of making you feel good about your skills for a couple of games and then smacking your ass down just in time to keep your ego in check. Lone Wolves is what I've played the most, it's all about stealing kills lol. I wouldn't mind playing teams but it's way too hard for me to coordinate when I'm free to play with anyone who I would want to team up with.
Cool thread BTW, I'll be checking it out quite a bit. Reach is looking so damn good, it's tough to keep thinking about it because it's torturous not being able to play sooner.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Carl2291 said:
Awesomeeee.

And the thread aint stickied.

Official Halo: Reach Thread + Lack of Sticky = Disturbing.

lol, hopefully it will soon enough, i've got to add new graphics to it soon (i've been so busy lately)

@ toadslayer72

Yea i know what you mean, i'm thinking like that guy in the ViDoc's last interview clip. "Every neuron in my head is firing with just - Reach, Reach, Reach".

Ugh, stupid Father Time.

Added some new graphic designs for each section, do you guys like this idea, or is it too much? If so, i'll try to make more, and add different sections. I need help though What would you all like to see added?

Around the Network
AlkamistStar said:
Added some new graphic designs for each section, do you guys like this idea, or is it too much? If so, i'll try to make more, and add different sections. I need help though What would you all like to see added?

I'm liking it.

I'll write up a comprehensive post about the differences between Spartan II and III's that you can add to the opening post if you want. Although it will take me a while to do it since I'm at university and I have to wait until I get home to do it.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Some neat info on Halo:Reach motion capture stuff.  Here is a tiny snippet.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Spandex

When you watch the VGA Trailer, pay special attention to the moment the Falcon goes airborne and the camera pulls back and away. If it looks as if it’s being carried by embedded personnel on the ground, it’s because it is. The Cinecam is capable of mimicking those motions accurately because someone is literally holding a camera to get that shot, stepping backwards to avoid the wash from the Falcon in the scene.

“The Cinecam lets you do some mocap, clean your scene up, and put it all back into Motion Builder. From your monitor you can see the scene playing back, it can be looping if you need it to, and you can move the camera and get the perfect view using handheld or steady cam. However you wanna do it in the volume, it works.

It’s the same process that was used in the making of Avatar, except ours uses a cheaper monitor and a couple of pieces of wood leftover from one Kurt’s (Nellis) home projects. Less money, same results.”

Reach has reached ALPHA:

http://www.nobleactual.com/

Alpha RC1

We recently cut our first Alpha Release Candidate. The huge amount of work that the team put into this build has resulted in an RC that fixes the overwhelming majority of game breaking issues. Issues like crashes, networking bugs, and glaring graphical glitches have been identified, targeted, and resolved. That means significant parts of Halo: Reach’s multiplayer are now that much closer to our extremely high “shippable” quality bar.

Now that we have an RC build cut, we’ll spend some time running it through an intensive test cycle, fixing any other Pri 1 issues that come up and generating additional RCs as needed before we release the Alpha for certification. To put this in a little bit of perspective, less than a month ago there were over a thousand bugs flagged as “fix-by Alpha.” We’ve burned through those in a gargantuan “bug smash” effort to make sure we ship the Reach Alpha in the most polished and stable state possible.

Milestones like Alpha have a huge galvanizing effect across the entire team. Art, Animation, Engineering and Design have all made enormous strides as we prepare to let the outside world get their hands on the game for the first time. Some genuinely new, crazy, and fun multiplayer stuff has come together to make this a really great milestone. The Alpha testers are in for some surprises.

In a few weeks we’ll release the Alpha to a small population. It’s a great opportunity for us to iron out the wrinkles with a smaller scale audience (thousands as opposed to millions). Using their feedback, we’ll build a better Beta. Which we’ll share with you on May 3rd!

Joe

I've been playing Halo since the day CE came out. It's pretty amazing that I haven't grown tired of the series yet. I don't play as much as I used to but I think Reach will change that. Every new bit of news that comes out, no matter how small, makes me feel like a child waiting for Christmas. The Beta can't come soon enough.

do we already know if it's a real HD Halo this time?