By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - X10 : Alan Wake Images. Best Graphics on Console Ever. Yeah I said it.

Squilliam said:
gamings_best said:
CGI-Quality said:
Certainly has the best lightning engine I've seen on consoles though, I will give it that.

I'd call it a tie

A canned tin of fish cannot be as good as a fresh fish. So how can canned tin of lighting be as good as fresh lighting?

true ...............however aged wine always tast better than fresh wine no?

pixel counts come and go, but teh lighting stays the same, in the case of killzone 2's ;ighting, the vet though older can still hang extremely tight with the young crowd,

oh and besides, technically alan wake has been in development longer than killzone lol

Around the Network
gamings_best said:
Squilliam said:
gamings_best said:
CGI-Quality said:
Certainly has the best lightning engine I've seen on consoles though, I will give it that.

I'd call it a tie

A canned tin of fish cannot be as good as a fresh fish. So how can canned tin of lighting be as good as fresh lighting?

true ...............however aged wine always tast better than fresh wine no?

pixel counts come and go, but teh lighting stays the same, in the case of killzone 2's ;ighting, the vet though older can still hang extremely tight with the young crowd,

oh and besides, technically alan wake has been in development longer than killzone lol

This is a picture of Killzone 3 with just engine produced lighting and hundreds of enemies on the screen.

Seriously, its stupid to say that any game with pre-baked lighting has good lighting. Thats like saying that a game looks great because the full motion video was expensive.

Tease.

Mass Effect > U2 in my opinion

also

Alan Wake > GOW3

Squilliam said:

This is a picture of Killzone 3 with just engine produced lighting and hundreds of enemies on the screen.

Seriously, its stupid to say that any game with pre-baked lighting has good lighting. Thats like saying that a game looks great because the full motion video was expensive.

no that's rigel galaxy in IR

you have posted cut-scenes apart from pic one which isnt that special anyways.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
huaxiong90 said:
CommonMan said:
Selnor, I'm glad that you hype 360 games, this website is extremely loaded to the PS3 side, and you are the ONLY person who hypes 360 games. But you need to dial back the inflammatory wording, because any pro 360 thread is going to get hammered regardless and you can't give the PS3 guys ammunition to dismiss your opinions, some of which are actually valid.

I appreciate your willingness to stick your neck out in front of the Helghan firing squad, but make sure you gain something from your sacrifice beyond scorn.

Frankly, I don't even bother commenting on these kind of threads, regardless of console it's supporting. But if even Naz, Reasonable, and Torillian intervened, something is clearly wrong.

One thing though, about the red part: The problem is, selnor has a rather notorious history of hyping one thing about 360 exclusives/console exclusives: Graphics. I'm all for supporting preferred platforms, but I don't get why he's so keen on letting everyone know he thinks every newly announced 360 (console) exclusive game has the "best graphics ever on consoles".

he does it all the time, lol.

i think he is just super chuft that theres been some 360 news lately hence he is jumping up and down, when his claims are proven wrong he will dissapear again.

OT i think alan wake looks very good surely a worthy purchase if gameplay is tight, but it hasnt got best grafix.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
huaxiong90 said:
CommonMan said:
Selnor, I'm glad that you hype 360 games, this website is extremely loaded to the PS3 side, and you are the ONLY person who hypes 360 games. But you need to dial back the inflammatory wording, because any pro 360 thread is going to get hammered regardless and you can't give the PS3 guys ammunition to dismiss your opinions, some of which are actually valid.

I appreciate your willingness to stick your neck out in front of the Helghan firing squad, but make sure you gain something from your sacrifice beyond scorn.

Frankly, I don't even bother commenting on these kind of threads, regardless of console it's supporting. But if even Naz, Reasonable, and Torillian intervened, something is clearly wrong.

One thing though, about the red part: The problem is, selnor has a rather notorious history of hyping one thing about 360 exclusives/console exclusives: Graphics. I'm all for supporting preferred platforms, but I don't get why he's so keen on letting everyone know he thinks every newly announced 360 (console) exclusive game has the "best graphics ever on consoles".

he does it all the time, lol.

i think he is just super chuft that theres been some 360 news lately hence he is jumping up and down, when his claims are proven wrong he will dissapear again.

OT i think alan wake looks very good surely a worthy purchase if gameplay is tight, but it hasnt got best grafix.

Agreed.

Selnor = Alfred take me back to the bat cave. "Into exile I must go, failed I have.." (xDD)

Sure looks like it, well atleast untill Crysis 2 storms in.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

i guess u didnt see Uncharted 2, heck even Uncharted 1

Alan Wake looks awesome, i'm more interested in the gameplay. I hope Remedy releases a Demo.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar