By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS3 sell 15 million units worldwide this year?

Will the PS3 sell 15 million units worldwide this year?

Yes 107 63.31%

No 62 36.69%

Total:169

I'm going out on a limb an saying yes, it will sell 15 million this year. Fairly strong January #s considering MAG wasn't all that it was cracked up to be and a recently announced GOW3 bundle has changed my opinion about the PS3 eclipsing this impressive mark.

Human contact, the final frontier.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
With system selling software like FFXIII, God of War III, & GT5, it's possible. Maybe even a Fall 2010 $50 price slash (which probably won't happen) would work wonders. Otherwise, it'll probably do a modest 13-14 mill if nothing else.

Fully agreed,does games are known system sellers,so it's very possible.

Yeah they should... probably even be over... and even if they fall short a bit they'll just channel stuff.

This is an awesome thread to make a blast form the past later this year.

I say it will sell 14 million.

Bamboleo said:
This is an awesome thread to make a blast form the past later this year.

I say it will sell 14 million.

Agreed. I think it is possible the Ps3 sold nearly 13 million last year so it could happen.

Human contact, the final frontier.

Around the Network
REDZONE said:
CGI-Quality said:
With system selling software like FFXIII, God of War III, & GT5, it's possible. Maybe even a Fall 2010 $50 price slash (which probably won't happen) would work wonders. Otherwise, it'll probably do a modest 13-14 mill if nothing else.

Fully agreed,does games are known system sellers,so it's very possible.

Actually, GoW1 and 2 sold a negligible amount of systems (I'm not saying 3 wont be a system seller, but you cant KNOW it will be either) and FFXIII is multiplat so isnt going to have much effect.

I voted no, but I don't think it'll miss by much

that would mean 45M by the end of the year? mhm

mM

I'd say more like 13-13.5 million. 15 is just a touch high I think.

They'll be down YOY from September, I don't think so.

Tease.

Nope.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.