By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will the PS3 sell 15 million units worldwide this year?

Will the PS3 sell 15 million units worldwide this year?

Yes 107 63.31%

No 62 36.69%

Total:169

well i predicted it so yeah i reckon it has a chance

Around the Network

I'd say between 13-14 million for this year. They won't have the price drop bump but they also won't be scraping the bottom of the barrel through portions of the year because of how high the price is.

It will sell fewer systems than last year. The last 4 months account for around half the years sales. Last 4 months of this year will be down on last years sales. First 8 months of this year will be ahead of last years sales due to the impact of September 2009 price cuts.
PS3 sold 13 million in 2009. PS3 should sell around 12 million in 2010.

My guess is the PS3 will sell at least 130/150k each week
so
150*52= 7.8 million
Then we factor in my theory of December selling the same units as sept-nov making that
2 million minimum In December for HW sales plus throw in some HW sellers.

And I think at least 12/13million
But then again there's the pillar that is natal to overcome. If it overcomes that then maybe even over 15 million is possible.

"Rainbird: Why don't Nintendo and Microsoft Copy the Sony Blog?

Bagenome:You can't shoot things on a blog, and babies can't read, so I don't think it would suit either one's target audience."

d21lewis said:
Honestly, do JRPG makers even realize how hard it is to save the world? That shit is impossible!

CGI-Quality said:
scottie said:
REDZONE said:
CGI-Quality said:
With system selling software like FFXIII, God of War III, & GT5, it's possible. Maybe even a Fall 2010 $50 price slash (which probably won't happen) would work wonders. Otherwise, it'll probably do a modest 13-14 mill if nothing else.

Fully agreed,does games are known system sellers,so it's very possible.

Actually, GoW1 and 2 sold a negligible amount of systems (I'm not saying 3 wont be a system seller, but you cant KNOW it will be either) and FFXIII is multiplat so isnt going to have much effect.

I voted no, but I don't think it'll miss by much

Both have system selling power though, as Modern Warfare 2 did for the 360 (in reference to the mulitplat part). They'll provide modest bumps for the PS3, God of War III's being higher.

My complaint was the description of them as 'known' system sellers. We have never seen the system selling power of GoW because it released too late, and we have never seen a multiplat (well, I think xbox got some VERY late ports, but never same time releases) FF, so we dont KNOW anything. I'm not saying it's a bad assumption, but it aint fact

Around the Network

No I expect a similar year to this year so 12.2 mill

Much like Microsoft 2008/2009, despite having Q1/Q2/&Q3 to be up YoY, they were down to much Q4.

So ya, 12.5 mill roughly.

10 maybe 15 is too much, not even the wii sold that much

lolage said:
10 maybe 15 is too much, not even the wii sold that much

Yes it did ...

360 didn't have many games though, and especially many system sellers.

big games were forza 3, and halo reach.

ps3 have alot of cames 2010 GT5, heavy rain, god of war 3, FF13, and tons will be announced at E3.

the latest trailer for GOW 3 was epic(more to come)..and for that the system selling should have a bump significantly with the release of the game.